Pillars of St. George – monastery that has existed for 848 years,
is located on a hill above Novi Pazar, in the Old Race. It was built by the great ruler Stefan Nemanja (construction was completed in the year 1171). The monastery was included in the world cultural heritage. Today it is largely restored and live in it mosansi.
Church of St. George has an important role in the formation of architecture, known as the Raska school, as well as buildings which begins this creative epoch in the architecture of medieval Serbia. George Pillars are buildings with a number of architectural and construction innovations in architecture of the time. These include distinctive towers – pillars, side vestibules, elliptical dome, irregular shape of the altar area as well as the specific solution of the central dome of the church.