I decided to research the bulging veins issue to figure out why it is suddenly happening to me, starting around May, and I noticed there are many reasons. The common reasons include genetics, aging, hot weather, hormone imbalance, strength training exercising, and body fat loss, as well as varicose veins and thrombophlebitis. Since I rarely get sick, at most, once a year, with a flu or cold, I am assuming that my vein bulge have to do with aging, hot weather, and hormone imbalance. The exercises that I do include walking, yoga, and cycling. I don’t think these are strength training exercises. I don’t think I have body fat loss because I seem to be stable. I hope I don’t have varicose veins or thrombophletitis. In May, I did a DVT, and the technician didn’t see any blood clots. So, I hope it is accurate. I don’t know if it is genetics because I don’t remember if my parents had it.
Home remedies include:
- Finger/hand stretch–which encourages the flow and draining of blood from the hands in order to help reduce the appearance of this annoying bulging veins. Bend fingers backwards on one hand, and bend the thumb forward and back. Repeat with the other hand.
- Wrist Stretch–Place hands together in a prayer position, and then raise elbows to the sides, while letting wrists drop down to the belly button area.
- Moisturize your hands and body as needed to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Use Sunscreen when you go outdoors to protect your skin. Some moistures even have sun protection.
- Use Paraffin Wax as a protective layer over your skin.
- Make your own Sugar Scrub: place sugar with non-fragrant plant-based oil into bowl. mix well before massaging it on your skin. leave it on for a couple of minutes. Then, rinse off with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer.