Tooth loss, whether it’s from disease, decay, or an injury, can age you and adversely affect your self-esteem, as well as make it difficult to eat or speak clearly.
Dental Implants replace missing or failing teeth. They are surgical components that interface with the jaw bone to support a dental prosthesis, like a Crown, Denture, or Bridge.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Your teeth are important to your overall health. They play a key role in digestion, help with speech, create a youthful appearance, and maintain the overall shape of your lower face. Dental implant technology has become a state-of-the-art tooth replacement solution, and with modern innovations, most patients can benefit from them.
- Make you Look and Feel Great
You can easily improve your appearance and how other people see you with a confident smile. However, when you are missing teeth, you may not want to smile, because gaping holes are difficult to overlook, and collapsed cheeks and wrinkles around the mouth can make you look older.
Dental Implants can make you feel better and look younger.
- Prevent Future Damage
Dental Implants preserve jawbone deterioration, which can lead to misshapen facial structure. When your teeth are compromised and missing, the body does not stimulate the growth of new bone. This can lead to your body sensing there is no further need for your jawbone. Without the teeth there to stimulate the growth of new bone material, the jawbone will continue to dissolve, and can no longer support natural teeth or Implants.
- Improve the Quality of Life
Dental Implants allow your mouth to function naturally, so you will feel comfortable eating and speaking. Dentures and Bridges create a temporary fix, but they require continued maintenance. Implants improve the quality of your life immediately by eliminating the need for dentures, improving eating habits, eliminating destructive or unattractive metal clasps from partial Dentures, and eliminating the removal and reinsertion of Bridges or Dentures.
- Eliminate Other Health Issues
When you improve your oral health, you also improve your overall wellbeing. Dental Implants create a healthier mouth and reduce periodontal disease.If left unchecked periodontal disease can lead to chronic diseases such as diabetes a stroke and even Alzheimer’s disease.
Taking care of your Dental Implants is the same as taking care of your natural teeth. There is no need for fancy adhesives or denture cases. You never have to worry about misplacing your Dentures or Bridge. Dental Implants can be brushed and flossed like natural teeth. There is no need for special toothpaste or other maintenance supplies. Regular dental check-ups for routine maintenanceare all you need to maintain your Implants.
Types of Implants and Techniques
A dental professional will assist with your Dental Implants in Hemel Hempstead to find the Implants that are perfect for you and your individual needs. Depending on your current level of damage, and whether there is deterioration of the jawbone, there are several procedures that can be done to restore your smile.
- Subperiosteal- this Implant is placed under the gumline, either on or above the jawbone. This procedure is used for patients who may not have enough healthy jawbone available and want to bypass any bone augmentation procedures to try to rebuild the jawbone for other types of Implants.
- Endosteal- this Implant is placed in the jawbone. Small screw-like titanium rods are inserted into the jawbone and hold the crown prosthesis in place. This is one of the most common procedures to restore missing or damaged teeth.
- Same Day Implants – if you have enough natural bone your dentist may suggest a temporary Implant. This same day procedure provides you with a tooth that looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth.
- Mini Dental Implants – these narrow Implants are easierto insert surgically. They can be put in almost any location but are primarily used to stabilise a lower Denture.
- All-on-4 – instead of having a Dental Implant for each of your missing teeth, four precisely placed Implants on the top or bottom of your mouth can restore your smile.
- Bone Augmentation– this procedure is used to replace deteriorated jawbone so it can restore or regenerate bone growth. The new bone supports the Dental Implants. Bone additives are used to help strengthen the bone and have been proven to provide the best results for the regrowth of bone.
- Ridge Expansion– Some jawbones are not wide enough to support Dental Implants, so portions of bone material are grafted onto the jawbone to the small ridge, to create a wider jawbone for Implants.
- Sinus Lift- this procedure adds bone to the area below the sinus where the natural bone may have deteriorated because of missing back teeth in the upper jaw.
Dental Implants have emerged as the preferred choice for tooth replacement because they feel, look and function like natural teeth. Dental Implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth or a full upper and/or lower set of teeth, and can help to restore your healthy smile, youthful appearance, and self-esteem.