Fit and fabric are two important factors to consider when you buy clothes but it is the most important factor to consider when it comes to workout clothes. It is essential to ensure that the clothes that you wear are comfortable and does not come in the way of the range of motion.
Therefore, irrespective of the fancy labels or the latest fashion you must choose the best workout clothes that has a snug fit yet it is comfortable, breathable and easy to carry. It must be designed properly so that it makes working out as comfortable as it can be.
In fact, wearing the right type of workout clothes is very important as it will eventually affect your workout as well as the results you achieve. These clothes will not keep you comfortable but will also make you look and feel good, keep you cool especially when you sweat out during exercise.
Most importantly, it should inspire you to wear these and workout and at the same time enable your wellness.
Pick the right fabric
The items that you purchase should be made from high quality fabric. It goes without saying that after a hard workout, you will not only be covered with sweat but you will also feel tired, exhausted, sore, and fantastic as well. Believe it or not, the way you feel after exercise will largely depend on the types of clothes you wear for a workout.
There are several factors that can affect the level of comfort when you wear your workout clothes but the fabric they are made up of is very important. It will determine whether or not the clothes are right for you considering the type of exercise you wish to do.
Moreover, there may be a few specific type of clothes made from specific type of fabric that will pull sweat away from your skin during and after the exercise.
On the other hand, there may be a few that will absorb it. That means, when it comes to choosing workout clothes, some of the choices may be better than the others.
There are a few specific factors to consider when you choose the fabric of your workout clothes. These are:
- Wicking: This is the first and most significant factor to consider when you choose the fabric of your workout clothes. Ideally, there are a lot of different types of breathable synthetic fabrics used to make these clothes that will “wick” the sweat away from your skin. These types of fabrics will help the sweat to evaporate quickly and therefore keep your body cool throughout the working out session. These types of clothing fabrics contain polypropylene. It will allow the body sweat to evaporate from your skin but will not soak the clothing leaving you feeling uncomfortably sweaty.
- Breathability: At all cost you must avoid fabrics that are not breathable. That means, you should never wear clothes during your workout that are made up of plastic or rubber based materials. This is because these types of fabrics will retain the sweat and prevent it from evaporating. This will in turn keep the temperature of your body too high throughout the workout which will be detrimental to your health.
Most people think that the best way to go about is to stick to cotton fabrics while buying workout clothes. However, when you buy cotton shirts and pants it will absorb the sweat and not pull it away from your skin. This will prevent the sweat from being evaporated and therefore the cotton workout clothes will feel heavy on you because it will become wet and stay wet as you continue to exercise.
It is therefore required that you shop around a bit and buy clothes from reputed brands such as TuffWomen who know all about workout clothing and comes up with some of the best workout clothes.
Get the right fit
Once you have decided about the fabric, the next factor to consider when you buy workout clothes is its fit. You have to get the right fitting workout clothes that will not be too loose or tight on you. In both the cases you will feel uncomfortable, look bad and most importantly it will affect your movements while you work out.
To make sure that the workout clothes you buy fit on your body perfectly so that you can carry on smoothly with the workout that you have planned, you must consider these following tips. Always choose clothes that are comfortable but however it will depend on the type of workout you intend to follow.
- If you are biking or running, you must avoid clothes such as loose pants or wide-legged as these will get tangled up in your feet or the pedals.
- If you are following yoga activities or Pilates it is best to choose well fitted yet stretchy fabrics. Make sure that the material wicks away the sweat as well.
In general it means that you should buy clothes keeping in mind that it should at no point of time get in the way of your activity.
Year round wearing
It is evident that you will exercise all year round. Especially if you play seasonal sports or are engaged with too much of exercise outdoors you must keep these points in mind.
- In hot weather conditions choose fabrics that will allow your skin to breathe, wick the sweat, cool, comfortable, and will allow you to move freely.
- In cold weather your clothes should keep you warm. Dress in layers so that you can remove when your heart rate and body temperature is boosted. Keep sweat wicking clothing inside and an insulating layer on top of that and keep your head, ears, and hands protected.
- In wet or windy weather you must wear a waterproof outer layer that will protects your skin from the natural elements.
Therefore, you should choose your workout clothes keeping these factors in mind as well so that you can wear your clothes as per your activity and change it with the seasons.