If you are planning to buy a mattress topper but is confused with all the options available, you are on the right page. We have all the information that is going to help you to buy the mattress best suitable for you.
Let us start with the types of mattresses – it will be the first step towards making the right investment on mattresses.
Types of mattress toppers
Being made from rubber trees’ liquid extract, Latex mattress topper can get a bit expensive, but you can get the desired support and comfort, which is the same as a memory foam one.
- Stronger than memory foam
- Thwarts motion transmission
- Provides comfort and relief to body pain
- Not ideal for people with latex allergy
- Feels somewhat hot during warmer months
Memory foam topper is one of the most common ones and is preferred for its amazing features.
- Fits any body shape
- Provides excellent support to people with joint and muscular pain
- By reducing both movement and noise, ideal for mattress toppers double bed
- Presented in a wide range of densities
- There’s a strong chemical odor at first
Though it comes with loads of benefits, this type of mattress topper is pretty expensive.
- Naturally soft and comfortable
- Unaffected by bed bugs and mites
- Ideal for warmer climates as it keeps you feeling fresh throughout the night
- Extremely expensive
- The level of cushioning doesn’t match a memory foam
Cotton and Polyester
Though not packed with loads of features, it is one of the most affordable mattress toppers.
- You can get it in synthetic or organic
- Easier to maintain
- Very affordable
- Not as durable as the other ones
- Provides no specific relief to body pain
- Might not be suitable if you have dust allergy
Now that you are aware of the types of mattresses and their pros and cons, the following factors will help you to choose the one best fitting your needs.
Things to consider
Your body weight is essential for deciding which mattress will give you the most comfort and be durable. If your weight is less than130 pounds, you can opt for a low-density soft topper. Whereas, for more than 130 pounds, go for steadier toppers which will not sink under you.
A mattress topper’s thickness can be somewhere between 1 to 4 inches. For deciding on the thickness of the topper, first consider why you are buying it. If you want more support to your back, go for a thicker topper.
Mattress toppers are more affordable than mattresses, but you must make the most of your investment, and for that, sustainability is essential. Memory foam, wool, and latex are the right choice when you want a durable topper.
Comfort is subjective; what will make you feel comfortable may vary from others, but you cannot deny the comfort factor when choosing a mattress topper. As a guide, we have two options for you to choose from — latex and memory foam toppers, which give shape-conforming comfort of or you can opt for the naturally soft cotton ones.
Toppers with high-density can provide superior support and have shape conforming capabilities. On the contrary, the lower density models cannot retain heat and may also have a gassy odor.
We all know that compared to mattresses, the toppers are cheaper. But, the cost of all is not the same. So, you must decide how much money you are ready to spend on it.
As already discussed, wool is the costliest, while memory foam and latex are the better-priced toppers, and cotton and polyester toppers are the most affordable ones.
If you have any body pain, or you frequently wake up with aches all over your body, it’s time for you to change your mattress topper. Buy a topper that conforms to the shape of your body and helps to keep the spine in correct alignment – memory foam mattress toppers are the best known for this feature.