Having some special guests and you don’t have an idea what to cook? But you still want fancy food on your table. Your guests will be impressed with these easy recipes!
Asparagus, cucumber and rice salad
- 400ml water
- 200g long-grain white rice
- 500g thin asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/2 large cucumber – peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- small bunch fresh dill, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 heads gem lettuce
Cook the rice for about 20 mins so it becomes tender. Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Cut the asparagus into 3 cm pieces. Add asparagus, cucumber and spring onions to rice. Mix the other ingredients to make the dressing. Spread it over the salad.
Roasted Salmon with Green Herbs
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the salmon fillet in a roasting dish and season it generously with salt and pepper. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture over the salmon. Mix the herbs together and cover the fish generously. Roast the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, until almost cooked in the center at the thickest part. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
Roasted peach with goat cheese
- 2 large ripe yellow peaches, halved
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup roasted chopped hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. The out the peach pits and roast peaches halved side up on a lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes. Let them cool. Put one tablespoon of goat cheese in the center of each peach half. Drizzle honey over the peaches and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.