My 2nd Peanuts Gang cook book recipe that will be converted to vegan or vegetarian version is Miss Othmar’s Tested Mayonnaise. Although I usually by Vegenaise at Mother’s Market, I thought it would be fun to create my own vegan mayonnaise. Miss Othmar is the teacher in the Peanuts Gang cartoon, who talks like a robot because Charles Schultz didn’t want to acknowledge any adults in his cartoon series. The cartoon was mostly to five kids a voice, while adults are in the background or nonexistent because they didn’t matter.
- 2 egg-substitute–which might be avocado, pine nuts, cashews, or pistachio nuts.
- 1 TABLESPOON of dry mustard
- 1 TABLESPOON of vinegar–choose your preferred vinegar. I prefer ACV.
- 1 TEASPOON of salt
- 1/2 TEASPOON of pepper
- 1/2 TEASPOON of paprika
- 1 1/2 cups of salad oil–whether olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil or sesame oil
- 3 TABLESPOON of fresh lemon juice, freshly squeezed from a lemon.
Place your choice of egg-substitute–I prefer avocado–in a deep mixing bowl. Add dry mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and paprika. Add oil while beating and stirring the mixture, whether with a spoon or an electric beater. Add in lemon juice and continue mixing well.