Thursday, October 19, 2017
I decided to go to South Coast Plaza to check out the Munro Trunk Show in the shoes section of Nordstrom. I also chatted with the Munro Rep. I learned that it is a family-owned business, made in the USA, and they have all the shoe sizes from very narrow to very wide, which is a good think because I have very narrow feet and I try to buy 7 AA, if I can find such size. But, unfortunately, they don’t have pleather. He notes that vegan, pleather shoes are usually very expensive. I didn’t know that because I thought leather would be more expensive. Just my luck! I added a video to give you an idea of the basic styles.
- Booties in black, gray, and brown
- Smoker pump in black velvet, maroon velvet, and black leather
- Oxford in black patent
- Slip-ons are like loafers, and they come in navy patent, black, and gray reptile skin
- Ankle boots in black and chocolate brown
- Knee-high boot in black stretch fabric
- Ankle booties in black, greige, and wine; greige looks like a taupe, which is a mixture of gray and beige
- Kitten-heel pump with ornament strap in black and navy
- Short-heel pump in black
- Sling-back with strap in black fabric
- Outdoor water-resistant boot looks like a hiking boot, and it comes in brown and black
- Western-style bootie in black and brown
- Casual boots in blue, black, and brown
- Shoes, with zipper on both sides, in black, blue and brown
- Walking shoes in black
- Ankle boots with side zipper in black and red
- Loafer in floral velvet and black velvet
- Loafers in grey velvet and black velvet, and with ornament
- Bootie with double-sided zipper in black
- Bootie with lace-up and 2-eye in black and greige
- Slip-on sneakers in black leather and snake print
- Lace-up sneakers with zipper in black snake print
- Ballet flats in black stretch floral
- Cap-toe ballet flats in black, navy, and taupe
- Loafer-style slip-on flats with center zipper in black
- Loafer-style stretch slip-on shoes in black, gray, and navy
The style looks practical and simple, and I think would look great with J. Crew clothing. The clothing for this Fall include, black, dark red, grays, and navy. These shoe styles are all about casual and comfort. I especially liked the velvet shoes in maroon and wine colors, although I haven’t gotten to buy one. I might check Nordstrom Rack, where I bought my velvet black ballet flats.
I browsed around in Nordstrom, checking out other shoes and clothing. I also liked Jeffrey Campbell shoes because I remember buying my black and silver-studded oxford from that brand. I also notice a cute pair of hounds-tooth leggings.
I picked up two Munro catalogues for Fall and Spring 2017 latest shoes.