Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Earlier this month, when I was at the mall meetup, I dropped by the Max Mara boutique to browse because I like the clothes in that store, and I picked up a Max Mara Magazine. As I flip through it, I notice many monochromatic outfits in pale neutral or bold colors. I also notice three particular styles for this Fall 2019-Winter 2020.
- Pale Beige/Brown outfit includes such accessories as camel-colored sunglasses frames with acetate and metal bar that goes across the top, sling-back pumps with cigarette heels, and brown tote bag with a big zipper pull. Wide-leg cropped pants in wool, paired with shirt with men’s collar, and blazer in double-face wool. For a more casual look, consider drawstring track pants in stretchy viscose knit with cableknit sweater, and soft and furry wool boucle peacoat with bemberg cupro lining. Simple beige sneakers or faux fur ugg-type boots would be perfect for the casual outfit.
- Bold Green outfit includes such accessories as rounded metal frame sunglasses with green lens, evil-eye diamond drop earrings, satchel bag in faux croc with gold medal hardware, pine green pleather gloves, small cocktail purse with fluffy fabric, and green boots. Consider a below-knee pleated skirt, green print t-shirt, and tailored double-face wool long vest with belt. Another option includes an emerald green miniskirt, worn with the long vest, and hooded double-faced wool peacoat.
- Black and white outfit includes such accessories as black cat-eye sunglasses with jeweled temples, flower lotus ring with large moonstone and small diamonds, and men-style moccasins in salt/pepper tweed with tassels as well as in black velvet with grosgrain detail. Black pleather cropped pants, vertical-striped men-style shirt in poplin, wool tweed miniskirt, white hoodie sweater, wool knit short dress, white peacoat with belt, black/white houndstooth sweater cardigan, small-checked black/white blouse, black leggings, black knapsack, black purse, and black gloves.
- Burgundy outfit includes such accessories as faux croc burgundy tote bag, flower lotus cocktail ring with large red stone and small diamonds on rose gold, burgundy frame sunglasses with rose-colored lens, and another style of a burgundy tote in faux croc. Blouses include white sleeveless top with drapery and long-sleeve red shirt in poplin. Pantsuit includes a dark grey wide-leg pants with matching blazer. Or, consider an orange wool crepe blazer. There is also a double-breasted, short-sleeved coat, worn over long sleeve blouse and pants of same color, and topped with a belt, cinching the waist. Or, consider a pinstripe wrap dress, and burnt orange-brown coat, faux croc pouch bag with chain strap.
- Bright Bold Colorful outfit includes accessories as round sunglasses with double frames, surrealistic earrings with eye, red lips, and star, and red waist/hip bag in soft fake fur. Outdoor jackets in bright yellow or bright orange. Bright pink sweater. Double-breasted bold cobalt jacket in camel. Long faux furry cobalt coat, turquoise miniskirt in mohair boucle, yellow turtleneck, orange sweater, yellow gloves, faux croc over-the-knee boots, and cobalt tights. Or, consider saffron yellow sweater, cobalt blue skirt, faux fur turquoise pouch bag, and a magenta quilted puffy stole waterproof nylon.
- Prince of Wales style outfit includes such accessories as Shooting Stars earrings in gold and diamond stars, sunglasses with white marbleized acetate frame, two small faux croc purses with chain strap, and brown moccasins with tassels. Clothes include brown miniskirt in preferably pleather, wide-leg wool pants with judo-style belt, wool skirt with houndstooth print, wool blazer with tiny checks, long wool double-breasted coat with tiny checks, long-sleeve shirt in scarf-printed silk twill. Long sleeve flannel blouse with ruffle over sleeves.