If you wish to do something different for your decorations, then you can choose to make a candle of your own. It will be a fun activity for you and your kids as well if you involve them. Candle making is also a hobby and profession of a lot of people. It is an art that will make your room or home more beautiful.
So, if you are willing to undertake this activity, then make sure that you are going to have a lot of fun. Just grab the following must-haves:-
- Candle Waxes – The first thing that you are required to have while making a wax candle, is wax itself! However, you have to make sure that your wax is of a better quality and you must also notice the fact while buying, that different type of wax such as beeswax, soy, palm, paraffin, etc. have various melting points.
- Wicks – Nowadays various types of candle wicks are available. Be it wood wicks, tealight, votive, CDN Wicks, HTP Wicks, All Container. You can choose from any of these wicks that will be the most suitable for your candle. The wicks that you select can also be blended so that they give a long-lasting effect.
- Candle Containers – You can also buy custom containers that are specially made for candles. Open form top containers, made from glass, are one of the most opted containers for candles, which are to be used in mood lighting. Such containers provide instant enhancement to the setup.
- Mosaic Candle Glass – If you wish to be even more artistic, then you can go for a candle glass containers that are mosaics, that is the entire holding cup is made up of multi coloured bits and pieces of glasses joined together. These type of containers look engaging and attractive and set the mood for the occasion.
- Coloured Candles – If you do not wish to make the standard white candle you can make yourself a coloured candle as well. You have to get some candle wax colour that is readily available, or you can also add paints of your choice. You can also mix and match various textures of colours so that when your wax solidifies you will have a beautiful surface of your wax.
- Tealights – One of the newer types of candles, the tea lights are small wide cylindrical shaped candles that are made to be kept on your dining table and enhance your meal experience. You just have to get some tea light shaped containers that will hold and shape the wax of your candle accordingly. Wicks that are smaller in size are perfect for tealights.
- Candle Accessories – Once you are done making your candle and its ready to be lit, you must think of some accessories that might be helpful while you are using the candle. The main prop includes a candlestick that is very imperative, as it keeps the candle in place, and also holds the dripping wax. You might need long wooden sticks to light up your candle in case you can reach the wick from your lighter.
- Labels – Finally you can also apply labels to your candles to give a bit of idea. You can write goodwill messages on your candle and present it as a gift, or you can also use them as tags to indicate the seats of diners on a table.
So if you are looking forward to making your candle, then the accessories mentioned above are the must haves for everyone. However, if you do not have the time to make your candle but still wish to have a beautiful one without all the hassle, then you can look online for candle supplies in Melbourne that provide beautiful LED battery operated candles, making your setup more attractive.