Clogged pores is a common skin problem and knowing how to handle this issue can be a challenge. Before we learn the methods to get rid of clogged pores, we need to know the reasons of clogged pores.
Table of Content:
- Causes of clogged pores.
- Tips to get rid of clogged pores.
- Myths about clogged pores.
Causes of Clogged Pores:
Mostly people wonder about the reasons of the clogged pore skin. Here are some of the main causes:
- Dead Skin Cells: Our skin is always in a growth process, thus it is creating new skin cells and removing old ones. According to skin care researches, pores are sometimes clogged because of the dead skin cells. While sometime the excess skin oil is the reason of clogged pores. You skin ability to shed dead skin cells slow down with your increasing age and they buildup if not exfoliated properly.
- Excess Skin Oil: Excess oil clogs your skin pores. The sebaceous glands are responsible to create natural skin oil for the skin nourishment purpose. Sometimes these glands become overactive. In that period of time these glands create too much oil that causes the dead skin cells to stick together. That result in clogged pores.
- Over-Exfoliating: Skin exfoliating and cleansing play an important role in our skin care routine, but over cleaning and over exfoliation isn’t good enough for your skin. When you do it much, it may result in stripping the outer layer of skin as well as natural oils. It is possible that your oil glands will overcompensate and even starting creating more oil. That also cause clogged pores issues.
Editor tip: when it comes to exfoliation: we recommend you to use organic scrubs one or twice in a week for best results.
- Using Wrong Skin Care Products: Some of your favorite brands of beauty care products are responsible for the clogged pores. To deal this issue, look for the non-comedogenic formulas. The products with that formula doesn’t clog skin pores. Also use the makeup products that are said to be oil free.
Tips to get rid of Clogged Pores:
You cannot get rid of skin pores completely, but you can use some skin care products to minimize or shrink them. Here are some of the tips for clogged pores.
Use a Best Facial Cleaner:
Cleaning your face twice a day is best practice to clean your skin pores and reduce excess oil. Use a gentle face cleaner like W-Beauty Amino acid facial cleaner, it will help to remove excess dirt, oil and pollution without over-drying your skin. Use this best facial cleaner twice a day to keep your skin clean and healthy.
Avoid Hot Water & Sun:
Hot water and sun are also the main cause of skin pores as they make them appear larger. Hot water may also irritate your skin. Avoid going in sun, use shades or umbrella. Also use lukewarm water to wash your face. It will prevent your skin from drying out. Apply sun block before going in the sun.
Use Organic Face Mask:
Along with pampering your skin, face masks are also responsible for minimizing skin pores. They clear your face and shrink the enlarged skin pores. Apply any good and organic face mask to prevent clogged pores. It is a best addition in your skin care products.
Skip Greasy Serums & Moisturizers:
National center of biotechnology info says that greasy skin care products are also responsible for unclog pores. Skip greasy serums and skin moisturizers. Apply skin moisturizer that is free from chemicals, colorants and artificial fragrances.It will provide anti-aging benefits and hydrate your skin without any greasy effects. It may also help to restore skin firmness.
Use Skin Exfoliator:
Skin scrubbing or exfoliating is the key to unclog your skin pores. Exfoliation may makes pores less noticeable. Skin exfoliators are mostly imposed of sugars or pink salt extracts. Use honey scrub along with pink salt to remove excess oil and dirt from your skin leaving it soft and smooth. Use it once or twice in a week.
Use Silk Pillowcase to Sleep:
Believe us, pillowcase has a lot to do with your pores. Silk pillowcases are better for your skin as compare to cotton pillowcases. Besides they are super luxurious to sleep.
Use Best Skin Toner:
Using skin toner can also help to get rid of bigger skin pores. Apply it after washing your face. We recommend you to use W-beauty skin toner as it contain the hazel formula. It will help you to refresh you without causing any type of skin irritation and dryness. It will also help to keep your face hydrated for longer time period.
You may be interested in our other blog: Benefits of using skin toner
Myths about Clogged Pores:
There are lot of rumors and myths, when it comes to clog pores problem. Here are the myths and their realities about clogged pores.
- Myth no 1: Pores Open & Close:
Reality: pores are always open and that’s why you are able to sweat. You might believe that steam facials or hot water open your pores, but that’s not the case.
- Myth no 2: You can get rid of Pores:
Reality: you cannot get rid of the skin pores. You may not like the way they look but they are important as they are the gateway of skin natural oil and also a home for hair follicles. You just use some best products to minimize the pores appearance.
- Myth no 3: The Black Dots of Nose are Dirt:
Reality: these dots are blackheads, which are clogged pores and they may turn as lovely brownish black hue.
- Myth no 4: Sun Shrink Your Skin Pores:
Reality: Sun doesn’t shrink the skin pores rather it may leads lead to a lack of skin firmness which can result in more and clear pores. You shouldn’t skip the SPF.