Are you using natural sea sponges? There are many advantages to using natural sea sponges for the skin. In this informatory page, we are going to discuss every essential related to them. You will get to know production, application, types, benefits and other details. Further, we will discuss whether it is an eco-friendly product. Check out the following points to gain insight.
About Sea Sponges
A sea sponge is a multicellular organism that lives and develops on the ocean floor. They are classified as animals but don’t have the nervous, circulatory and digestive systems. Comprising pores and channels on the body, sea sponges circulate water through pores for the synthesis of food and water.
Among 5000 varieties, less than twelve varieties of sea sponges are only used for the commercial purpose. They are used for a variety of applications. For example, cleaning, bathing, natural tampons, and paint applications.
Most people consider sponges as vegan-friendly as they grow and survive similar to plants.
Eco-friendly and Sustainable
Natural Sea sponges are eco-friendly and sustainable too. After being harvested, they can be regrown. Places harvesting sponges accelerate the growth of sponges in their population. The harvesting has been in practice for a thousand years. They regenerate and regrow from the left base during the developing phase.
Sea Sponges vs Synthetic Sponges
Petroleum products are used for the production of synthetic sponges. Synthetic sponges are often combined with the triclosan, an antibacterial chemical that is harmful to our nervous and hormone system.
Sea sponges are hypoallergenic and biodegradable as they don’t comprise any harsh chemicals, toxins, and artificial ingredients.
Sea Sponges for Skin
- act as a good absorbent.
- create lather
- are soft
- don’t possess the odor
- hinder the growth of mold and bacteria
- have a longer life than synthetic ones
- are useful for every type of skin conditions
1. Minerals contained in sea sponges provide nourishment and benefits to the skin. Calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, and zinc are some minerals contained in them.
2. They allow the easy exfoliation of the skin. The exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells. They further reveal younger and fresher skin underneath.
3. They produce foams during their applications, eliminating the use of soap. Their soaking and water-holding capacity is excellent, i.e., they retain water without dripping.
Different types of sea sponges are available for skincare. Check out the following types.
1. Mediterranean Silk
- It has a high density and a soft & velvety texture.
- It is used for mild exfoliation.
- It naturally cleanses the skin without the need for soap.
- It is used for sensitive skin.
- It is also used to remove makeup.
2. Honeycomb Wool
- It is flexible, soft, strong and dense.
- The porous material makes a rich lather.
- It is used as the perfect bath sponge.
3. Yellow Sea
- It is a stiffer option than any other alternatives and provides the best exfoliation.
- It is not so soft as other sponges and can be used occasionally.
Do you want to buy the best natural sea sponges? You can easily find sea sponges for sale online. If you are looking for a reputed company to purchase the best sponges, you can search ‘Sponges Direct’ on a reliable search engine. We, at Sponges Direct, are committed to providing natural sea sponges and other bath products. Visit our website to gain more information.