Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand, is becoming a popular tourist destination these days due to various attractions. It is one of the oldest cities in India that covers religious important places and other things. Another thing about the destination is that it allows tourists to plan their honeymoon and vacation with a loved one. People who visit the city for the first time should know the details of important places for making the trip a memorable one.
Moreover, it allows tourists to plan their trips in advance that can help to overcome any unwanted problems. It is necessary to book hotels in Dehradun before planning a trip which ultimately gives ways to ensure more excitement. They provide modern facilities for guests enabling them to spend their vacation in a comfortable environment. At the same time, it is necessary to check the availability of rooms while planning a tour with family and others.
Interesting places to visit in Dehradun
1. Robber’s Cave
Robber’s Cave is one of the must-see places in Dehradun that allow tourists to enjoy a trip with others accordingly. The 600 meters long cave has two parts enabling travellers to get more adventure and thrill. In fact, it is a narrow gorge that consists of conglomerate limestone enabling tourists to get more excitement. In addition, the cave covers some extraordinary cold water springs enabling tourists to enjoy natural beauty.
Lacchiwalla is a famous picnic spot in Dehradun because the place is well-known for its lush greenery. The place experiences a pleasant climate throughout a year with the large forested area which has man-made ponds. It is a perfect one for those who love bird watching and nature. Apart from that, tourists can even take photographs while making a trip to this place.
3. Tapovan Ashram
Tapovan Ashram is an important place to visit in Dehradun because it is a holy one located at a distance of 5 km away from the city. There a lot of devotees who visit the place every year enabling them to make the trip a memorable one. The ashram provides methods to relax their mind with family and others. Apart from that, the place is a suitable one for those who want to practice yoga and meditation in a peaceful environment.
4. Tapkeshwar Temple
Tapkeshwar Temple is a cave shrine located at a distance of 6.5 km away from the city. The temple dedicated to Lord Shiva is well-known for its unique sanctity. It enables devotees to seek the blessings of God enabling them to get inner peace. In addition, devotees can even take a bath in cool water springs before entering the temple.
5. Bali pass
Bali pass is a trekking destination located at an elevation of 4,800 meters in the Garhwal Himalayan region. It makes feasible ways to plan a beautiful journey with groups and others accordingly. Besides that, the pass is an exhilarating getaway enabling tourists to capture the important peaks with tourist guides.
Travel tips to Dehradun
1. Dehradun is well-connected by air, road, and bus networks enabling tourists to reach the city as soon as possible. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport which lies 20 km away from the main city.
2. Travellers should follow the local customs and traditions while visiting holy places in the city. In addition, it enables tourists to plan a trip accordingly.
3. The best time to visit the place is from March to June because travellers can explore many things with ease. Apart from that, they can carry out trekking and other activities with others to witness more excitement. Visitors should carry woolen clothes during the winter season and cotton clothes during the summer season.
4. Tourists should consider choosing a travel package that includes everything which gives ways to make the trip a successful one.
5. It is advisable not to drink tap water in the city and travellers can buy bottled waters from shops.
6. Visitors should pack the necessary clothes and other accessories when they want to visit the city.
7. The city offers several options for travellers when it comes to food. There are many restaurants and fast-food chains that provide a mix of different cuisines enabling tourists to ensure a fine dining experience. It is a wise one not to eat street foods because they can cause health complications to a large extent.
8. The local shops in the city allow tourists to buy handicrafts and handmade products at affordable rates.
9. It is imperative to schedule an itinerary before planning a trip to Dehradun which ultimately paves ways to experience more pleasure.
10. Dehradun has perfect cycling tracks and visitors can hire cycles for enjoying the beauty of nature.
11. The city has several clubs and pubs which offer bar facilities for tourists allowing them to enjoy the nightlife with others.
12. Although the city is safe for traveling purposes, visitors should avoid traveling in the night for minimizing any unwanted issues.
13. Travellers should carry a map with themselves while making a trip to the city.
Where to stay in Dehradun?
The hotels in Dehradun involve different types and tourists can choose them based on their choices. They even cover excellent amenities for travellers allowing them to experience the best accommodation. On the other hand, it is necessary to know the details of hotels from leading websites for planning a trip depending on the needs.
A reputed hotel website will guide travellers to book hotels that fit their bills and needs while making a trip to the city. Apart from luxurious hotels, budget hotels are also available for tourists allowing them to schedule a tour without any difficulties. It is advisable to follow the terms and conditions while booking a hotel online. Most hotels aim at fulfilling the expectations of tourists with modern amenities enabling them to get more excitement on a trip. Travellers can compare the prices of hotels on a hotel website and tourists can select them after making complete study