Selecting a hosting partner is a long and arduous process as it involves considering multiple factors. While the choice of a web host should depend on the hosting requirements of your website, certain business benefit from specific hosting types. In this article, we will look at the features and benefits of Cloud Hosting services for specific types of websites.
When it comes to hosting services, e-Commerce platforms have specific requirements:
- Maximum uptimes – since customers can choose to buy at any time of the day or night.
- High-end security – since people use their credit cards/net banking accounts to purchase products/services.
- Scalability of resources – since the traffic on an e-Commerce platform is unpredictable and a sudden surge of traffic can cause the existing resources to overload.
- Costs – With thousands of e-Commerce platforms, the margins are reducing. Therefore, most platforms look for cost-efficiency of the hosting provider.
- Speed – e-Commerce users tend to abandon a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Good Cloud Hosting services offer uptimes of around 99.99%, ensure accurate account isolation with the latest security tools, instant scalability of resources, and a pay-as-you-use model making them highly cost-efficient. Further, they integrate CDN and caching servers (like Varnish Cache) to boost page load speeds by up to 1000%!
News websites have the following hosting requirements:
- Maximum Uptimes – since viewers can check news articles at any time.
- Scalability of resources – a breaking story or a major national/global event can lead to an exponential rise in the number of viewers.
- Blazing fast speeds – since there are multiple sites offering news, viewers tend to avoid the slow websites.
- Support – Round the clock technical support for any crisis management.
News Websites function well on Cloud Hosting due to the following reasons:
- Uptime assurance of 99.99%
- Instant scalability of resources like RAM, CPU, etc.
- Integration of a CDN and caching servers for fast loading speeds
- 24x7x365 technical support
Startups and Small-to-Medium Businesses (SMBs)
A startup and SMB endeavours to provide a similar website experience as provided by a large corporation. However, they are also cost-sensitive and usually have a tight IT budget. Therefore, they need a cost-efficient hosting plan. Further, since they are in the initial stages of business, growth cannot be easily predicted. Hence, they need hosting resources that can be scaled easily and instantly. Also, they need maximum uptimes as a new company with an unresponsive website can badly damage its reputation.
Keeping all these aspects in mind, Cloud Hosting is a great option for startups and SMBs.
While the list can keep going on and almost all types of businesses can benefit from Cloud Hosting services, the websites desiring maximum uptimes, high page load speeds, cost-efficiency, and instant resource scalability are the ones which should be hosted on Cloud Hosting. However, each website is different and it is important to assess the hosting requirements of your website and consider all aspects before you sign up with a host. Good Luck!