Forgetting or losing the Norton password is a common problem for several Norton antivirus users. Apart from forgetting the password, you might also be notified that at times that someone might have changed your Norton security password and the change was not authorized. In such cases also you should know how to reset Norton password. Here is what you should do to reset your Norton account’s password.
Resetting the Norton Security Password
- Launch your browser and visit the Forgot Password page of your Norton account.
- Enter your email address under the “Having Trouble Signing In page.”
- Ensure that the entered email address is the same as the address you used while purchasing the Norton product or creating the account.
- Next, click on the Continue option.
- Norton will send you an email quoting the instructions to reset your password. If you are unable to find the email in your inbox, check the spam folder.
- If your Norton email account is not active, create a new account, or get in touch with the Member Services and Support.
- Click on the email to open it. Select the Recover Account button.
- Create a new password for your Norton account.
- Tap on the option of Update Password.
- At last, click on the Continue option to avail access to your Norton account.
If you are facing the trouble of Norton setup not working, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Norton software.
- Close all programs running on your system.
- Restart your PC.
- Now, download the tool Norton Remove and Reinstall.
- Launch the Downloads window on your browser.
- It would be best if you double-clicked on the NRnR option.
- Agree to the license agreement after reading it.
- To remove the Norton software from your system, click on the Remove & Reinstall option.
- Now tap on Continue or Remove.
- Tap the Restart Now button.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton software.
If you face any trouble during the Norton setup, you can contact the customer support of Norton security.