Of course, the best conference was saved for last as the Southeastern Conference (SEC) had both teams in the College Football Championship last season. Both Alabama and Georgia will look to continue to remain atop the college football landscape. However, there are many teams within this conference that have the capability to derail them this season.
1. Alabama. The Crimson Tide will continue to keep rolling with two different QB’s this season. Without no annoucement of a starting QB, expect to see Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa in order to finally end the offseason controversy.
2. Mississippi State. The Bulldogs stacked defense along with QB Nick Fitzgerald cutting down on turnovers will give Mississippi State a solid chance to move up in the standings.
3. Auburn. For the Tigers, nothing is wrong with the offense. The problem for Auburn is that the back 7 on defense is inexperienced.
4. Texas A&M. Grabbing head coach Jimbo Fisher is an absolute coup, but the idea of winning the conference is about a year or two away.
5. Arkansas. New coach Chad Morris will allow for the Razorbacks offense to be more exciting this season.
6. Mississippi. Although the Rebels will lose plenty of games this season, their passing game will keep them in a few games.
7. LSU. The offense must really step up or the Tigers will remain in the cellar.
<a href="https://pexels-library.com/rugby-clipart.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
1. Georgia. The Bulldogs depth should allow for the team to absorb the loss of some major playmakers last season.
2. Missouri. The Tigers will rely upon the arm of QB Drew Lock this season.
3. South Carolina. Football is back in South Carolina!
4. Florida. Plenty of depth is back for the Gators, but they underachieved last season.
5. Tennessee. The Vols are about a year away due to them adjusting to a new head coach.
6. Kentucky. Wait until basketball season.
7. Vanderbilt. Although the Commodores will be an improved team, the rest of this division has improved as well.
SEC Champion: Georgia will not choke again this season.