Professional product description writing is a special skill that requires adequate expertise. However, a lot of fake and unprofessional companies operating in the cyberspace are claiming to provide this service when they have zero knowledge or experience of this profession. Since there is no particular licensing requirement or any kind of educational qualification needed for this, everyday new teams and companies are cropping up and appealing to offer expert product description writing services.
In reality, product description writing is more of a sales and marketing project. It is like copy writing that aim to sell products and improve traffic. Just because someone can write a short story or teach English, doesn’t make him adept at writing descriptions of products that sell.
So, if you are looking to hire a good product description writing service, it is important to keep the following points in mind. You must ask your chosen company the following questions to ensure that you make the right choice.
- Ask about their team of writers. Most of the writing projects handled by reputed agencies are often quite big. As such, they require a lot of writers to successfully deliver the results. So, make sure to ask about the team of writers they have. If the company does not have any team or is unable to give you a suitable answer, it is very likely that they are unprofessional.
- Ask if they have the resources to easily handle a large project. Amateur companies who are fishing for work will be caught off guard by this question as they are not used to handling big projects.
- Ask direct questions about the deadlines and turn-around time. It must be noted that inexperienced writers greatly underestimate the time needed to write high-quality product descriptions. They provide a very small timeline to complete the project that usually leads to big problems down the road.
- Ask them about their error handling policy. Reputed agencies have great policies unlike unprofessional agencies. Good product description writing service usually get it right in the very first time, but if they do not, they fix all the errors for free.
- Ask about their pricing structure. Remember, any company that gives you a pricing estimate without looking at the project is not a professional. A good company will always examine your project, its requirements and then only give you a cost estimate for the same.
- Finally, always ask for a free sample. The best and superior agencies will be glad to write a free sample of description that will clearly show off their writing skills.
Make sure to ask all these a fore-mentioned questions before zeroing in on any product description writing agency. See how they answer the questions. If you are absolutely convinced by their working style and quality, you must then only proceed to the next step. Remember, product descriptions are very important when it comes to marketing. A well-written description has the potential to contribute to your business’s success beyond your wildest imaginations.