JEE (Main) 2020 application form will be released on 03 September 2019. Candidates can fill the application forms till 30 September 2019. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the JEE Main Exams. Candidates are required to go through the registration process and fill in their details before the last date of submission of the application form. The exam is going to be held between January 6, 2020, and January 11, 2020. There will also be a correction window to rectify any of the submitted particulars.
JEE Main 2020 Important dates
EVENTSDATESRegistration process starting date03.09.2019Last date of online submission of the form30.09.2019Last date of application fee payment30.09.2019Opening of the correction window11.10.2019 – 17.10.2019The download of Admit Cards06.12.2019Date of Examination06.01.2020 – 11.01.2020Declaration of resultsBefore 31.01.2020
Points to keep in mind while filling up the application form online:
- Go through the Information Bulletin first.
- Check their eligibility criteria before applying for JEE Mains.
- Ensure that the computer has access to a good internet connection.
- Should keep the qualification documents handy while filling up the application form.
- Have a valid e-mail address to get timely notifications about the exam.
- Provide a valid mobile number to get notified about the exam through SMS.
- Upload a scanned photograph that should have a solid background (10 KB – 200 KB).
- Upload a scanned image of signature (4 KB – 30 KB).
- All the scanned documents should be clear and in JPEG format.
- Have an online payment method for application fees (Credit card/Debit card/UPI/Net banking/Paytm etc).
- Fill in the details correctly. No changes will be made by any means after submission of the form.
- There is only online mode available for submission of the JEE Main 2020 application form.
- Candidates can fill their application form by visiting the websites: www.nta.ac.in, https://nta.nic.in/WebInfo/home, and https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
How to apply for JEE Main 2020:
Candidates must follow the below-given steps to fill the application form for JEE Main 2020 to ensure that the form is complete and all the mandatory blanks are filled.
Step 1: Registration of JEE (Main):
The candidates need to first register themselves for JEE Main 2020. For this, they should fill in their particulars correctly. They also have to choose an answer for the corresponding security question, which is helpful in recovering the account in case the candidate forgets his/her password and click ‘Submit’. You will then have to review the details and make required changes if there is any. Now click on ‘Final Submit.’ An application number will be generated and then the candidate must create a PASSWORD on successfully filling in the details of the registration form.
The candidate must use the system generated registration number and the password created to log in and complete the remaining steps. The same will be used for filling in the second application form for the exam which is scheduled to be conducted in the month of April 2020.
Step 2: Complete the Application Form:
Login with your Application Number and Password to fill in the remaining details of the application form.
Step 3: Uploading scanned documents:
All scanned documents should be clear and in JPEG/JPG format. The specifications of the scanned documents which are to be uploaded are as mentioned below:
- The candidates should upload their recent colored/ black and white scanned photograph.
- The background in the photograph should be in a solid color.
- The size of the photograph should be between 10 KB and 200 KB.
- IMAGE OF SIGNATURE
- The image of the signature should have a clear contrast hence, a blue or a black pen is recommended.
- The signature should be on a blank sheet of paper.
- The signature should be in running hand.
- The size of the image should be between 4 KB and 30 KB
Note: No change in a photograph or scanned image of signature shall be entertained after the submission of the application form.
Step 4: Payment of application fee.
After filling in the details and uploading scanned documents, the candidate has to pay the application fee through online mode. There are many alternatives to choose from which are:
- Credit card/Debit card
- Net banking