Small businesses can greatly benefit from affiliate marketing because it is a way of promoting and monetizing your business. It allows small businesses to market related products and services to meet the needs of consumers holistically and with a personalized touch.
Affiliate marketing is a digital marketing strategy. It allows a retailer, seller, or brand to acquire more customers through an “affiliate network”. This means that banners, ads, and other information is put on affiliate websites or third-party websites. If you have a small business with a product to sell, you can align your business marketing strategies with medium-sized businesses and corporations as long as you know the ins and outs of affiliate marketing.
Once you have the right products, whether physical or digital, to sell through affiliate networks, you can use affiliate marketing to grow your business. Here are some tips for affiliate marketing:
Create an Affiliate Network
If you already have a small business that sells unique products and no third-party affiliate network can best represent your products and services, then it is practical to create your affiliate network. Generally, it’s not feasible for a small business to build an affiliate network because it entails sufficient resources and you need to establish a good relationship with the affiliates to keep the technical aspects in place, as well as handle queries, complaints, and issues faced by your affiliates.
However, building your affiliate network can provide long-term benefits for your business, most especially if you have plans to expand. Here are the things you can do to help you create an affiliate network:
- Buy course online to equip you with the right information about affiliate marketing
- Watch videos on YouTube about small business affiliate marketing strategies
- Read blogs about starting an affiliate network
- Talk to a professional affiliate marketing specialist
Sign-Up with Trusted and Reputable Third-Party Affiliate Networks
This method is a more intelligent and viable option for small businesses. There’s a certain percentage of the commission that will go to the affiliate networks, and they will take care of marketing and distribution of your products to a large number of registered affiliates on these networks. Here are some of your best options:
- Amazon Services
Successful merchants utilize Amazon to sell their products. And why not? Amazon is an internationally acclaimed marketplace with thousands of affiliates worldwide. As long as you can meet and satisfy the criteria to become an Amazon’s merchant, expect that Amazon will use its powerful selling tools and techniques to help you sell your products!
If you have digital products, such as photos, eBooks, and templates, ClickBank is the best place to market your product. You can read online tutorials that will help you create unique and beautiful digital products you can sell online. Provide value to your customers by helping them address their needs or solve their problems – with the aid of ClickBank.
Build a Niche Website
Affiliate marketers should build a website that is related to the product category or niche they want to promote. If you’re going to market smartwatches, create a site talking about smartwatches, their best features and benefits, and related topics about this product. After this, you can sign up with Amazon and use the affiliate links of Amazon to promote smartwatches on your website. The good news is this: you can sell and promote your smartwatches combined with the top brands on the market through affiliate marketing and still land on a win-win situation.
Once a visitor clicks on the product links on your website and purchases the products from Amazon within 24 hours, you’ll earn a certain percentage as your commission. Double your fortune if your site visitors click on the link to your products directly sold on Amazon! Indeed, it’s a huge advantage for your small business. Just make sure that your web content is helpful, informative, and not overly promotional.
Here’s the process of building a niche for your affiliate marketing website:
- Choose a niche based on your hobbies and interests or current product you’re selling.
- Build a website using a professional and easy-to-manage self-hosted site, such as WordPress.org.
- Manage your SEO by installing the Yoast plugin.
- Identify the primary and secondary keywords related to your niche or business through wordtracker.com.
- Create relevant web content based on the researched and validated keywords relevant to your business.
- Create menus (e.g., Home, Contact Us, About, Blogs, Categories) and provide relevant content under each menu.
- Add web content of at least 2000 words long to your homepage and post content anywhere between 900 and 1500 words per post.
- Add 1 to 2 links per post (avoid stuffing) in the form of call-to-action buttons, banners, or text links.
Building good partnerships with your affiliate network and affiliates (if you have an affiliate network) is very important to achieve your short-term and long-term goals for your small business. Good luck with your affiliate marketing campaign!