Through many civilizational periods, freedom was defined differently. Not all of them had the right to freedom, and the status of a free, or not-free man could not be elected, but was granted after birth.
Over time, the notion of free has changed, and now it is one of the guarantees of modern society. Of course, freedom is not unconditional – we are free until we violate some of the laws of the society and the state in which we live, and then our freedom is taken away from us.
Freedom is expressed by the freedom of speech, choice, freedom of thought and movement, and when denied it – only then can we understand how much freedom is valuable to us. Read what the great minds, scientists, artists have said through the history of freedom …
- Money will not create success, the creation of freedom will. – Nelson Mandela
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better. – Alber Kami
- Freedom is not worth it if it does not include freedom to sin. – Mahatma Gandhi
- You are free if your conscience is pure. – Goethe
- It’s not enough to live! – said the butterfly, It is necessary to have a little sun, a little freedom and a little flowers! – Hans Christian Andersen
Which is the best quote for you?