A new week has begun, and with it a new color to paint Virily this week. This is my contribution to the challenge of crazy color.
1. There are 75 types of tulips and over 3000 varieties.
2. We need to plant the bulbs in the fall to sprout in the spring. Long winter sleep in low temperatures is necessary for the onion to initiate the biochemical processes that cause flowering.
3. The flowers are edible, though unpleasant in taste.
4. Tulips exist in many shades, the most popular of which is the dark and dramatic purple hue.
5. At the height of the ‘Tulip Norea’, between 1634 and 1637, some bulbs were worth more than ten times the annual earnings of wealthier artisans.
6. In the Netherlands, most tulips are still raised and the country is also the world’s largest exporter of these flowers.
Now my apology. Since I’m going on vacation, I’m going to be a little late to seeing your posts. But I will look at all your posts anyway.
Have you ever been on vacation?
Have you had a nice day?
Gorgeous Tulip. I wish we had them here.
Thank you. This tulip is really something special
Lovely photo I love tulips, have a lovely vacation…
Thank you, Pamela. I enjoy it as much as possible
Wonderful picture of a tulip, dear Vida … but now I know more about tulips
Thank you, Lado. Man learns all his life
With great pleasure, dear Vidocka….life is really a single learning
Wow this is a gorgeous tulip. Never had this kind before. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you, Carol. I enjoy it as much as possible. This tulip is really something special
I love tulips and these are beautiful
Thank you so much. I love them too
I just love these fancy tulips. This one is so pretty!!! Great info here too.
Thank you so much, Kim. This tulip is really something special
Informative post about tulip,Enjoy your vacation with good memories .
Thank you very much. I enjoy it as much as possible
I was longing to visit a tulips field in Amsterdam but just missed it by 15 days.
Have a nice vacation.
Thank you. I visited the exhibition of tulips. It was unique.