First, you could say his name. Then he was a sign. Then you could say his name again. When you say the name of the iconic and legendary singer / songwriter / musician Prince, the song “Purple Rain” is probably what comes to mind, although he was so much more than a one-hit-wonder. He passed away at age 57 and he spent 50 years of his life in the entertainment business. He wrote his first song at age 7 and by age 17 he had signed a recording contract with a prestigious company.
Here are a few more random facts about Prince. Feel free to add to this list.
* * *
(1) He was an artist who continuously developed (as is evident by his 50-year career) but also an artist who developed and promoted other artists. (EX: Sinéad O’Connor, Sheila E.)
(2) No matter how successful he was because of “Purple Rain”, the movie and song by the same name, his neighbors would not stand for a purple house in their neighborhood.
(3) Prince designed clothes, in particular for women who performed with him; although he never had an official clothing line.
(4) Prince’s performance with Beyoncé on the 2004 Grammy Awards was a music-making history moment that “young B” (aka Beyoncé ) will never forget.
(5) Michael Jackson, Prince and James Brown performing at a 1983 James Brown concert, is a moment in music history nobody will forget!!
Jeff Katz took Prince's photo for the 1986 Parade album cover. When Prince had to renew his passport a few months after the album came out, he used one of Katz's pictures. See more artifacts from Prince's private collection in #TheBeautifulOnes, out now. pic.twitter.com/GmHjyDKawC— Prince (@prince) October 31, 2019
Reissues of three key albums from Prince's pivotal mid-1990s period are available now. Get your copies of The Versace Experience, Chaos and Disorder, and Emancipation on CD or purple LP. https://t.co/Noqx54zA7A :: @SonyMusicGlobal @SonyLegacyRecs @SonyMusicUK @SonyMusicAU pic.twitter.com/Yctyu2fsVn— Prince (@prince) September 13, 2019
Legal headaches. #Celebrities who died without a will.— Treathyl Fox (@cmoneyspinner) November 9, 2019
~ Years After His Death, Prince's Heirs Have Still Not Received A Penny Of His Estate https://t.co/NbJnFnITGt via @flipboard #entertainment #estateplanning pic.twitter.com/uQuZSThYJN
Are you a fan of the late Prince Nelson Rogers?