Continuing with the series of the top ten most populated cities in Australia.
The fifth most populated city in Australia is Adelaide. I learned some new things while researching.
1. Adelaide’s exotic Botanic Garden has the largest and oldest glasshouses in the Southern hemisphere. These glasshouses sure make some terrific tourist attractions.
2. Adelaide is not only the capital of South Australia but is also the opal capital of Australia. So do not forget to go shopping for opal on your next trip to Adelaide.
3. Adelaide is reportedly the home to the biggest display of Aboriginal Culture and aretefacts. These are showcased at the South Australian Museum as well as at Tandanya – the National Aboriginal Cultural Institute.
4. Today, Adelaide is noted for its many festivals and sporting events, its food and wine, its long beachfronts, and its large defence and manufacturing sectors.
5. The main sports played professionally in Adelaide are Australian rules football, association football (soccer), cricket, netball and basketball. Adelaide is the home of two Australian Football League teams: the Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide Power, and one A-League soccer team, Adelaide United.
Trying to keep things normal, posting and commenting, are you with me?
11 CommentsLeave a Reply
Keeping things normal, it is noticed and thank you!!!!
I brought home Opals for my daughter and wife. They still have them to this day. (it was 15 years ago). This is a beautiful city.
Thank you Doc. I am trying my best to improve the community.
it is a difficult time right now. The best we can do is keep moving.
Although I don’t feel like commenting or doing anything here I will try to do my best.
I know it is difficult right now Dawn, and I so hope it is better really soon.
It looks like a beautiful place. I would love to visit the museum.
Yes it does, I would love to visit as well.
This country was unknown to me before your series. thanks
I was not aware of it either.
Very interesting facts once again!
Thanks, it is always nice to research and have others read. 🙂