Patriarch’s Cathedral “St. Alexander Nevski” is the largest Orthodox church in the entire Balkans.
The main stone of the cathedral “St. Alexander Nevski” was laid on February 19, 1882.
The church was built in 1882 – 1912.
In 1955 it was declared a cultural monument of national importance.
It is located on the square of the same name, close to the Parliament.
This church celebrates the great Christian holidays by celebrating liturgies by the Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.