Japan is the country I really, really want to visit. I am fascinated with their culture and tradition. I started learning Japanese language, I am watching anime and reading manga, I love watching their movies – I should have been born in Japan 🙂 .
Now, here are some interesting facts about Japan. I hope you will enjoy as I am.
- Japanese trains are one of the safest in the world, with an average delay of only 18 seconds.
- It is believed that in today’s Japan there are more pets than children.
- In this country it is possible to rent a handsome man and watch the sad movies with him while he wipes your tears. I would definitely want to try this.
- After Fukuyama, Jakuze, the most prominent Japanese mafia, donated a large amount of money to assist the casualties, as well as helping to repair the destroyed road.
- In Japan, square watermelons are also grown.
- Sushi train restaurants are very popular in Japan. These restaurants offer a great number of sushi with various ingredients.
- The Japanese spend on average one-third of world consumption of tuna.
- The Japanese consume 80% of the world’s “reserve” bluefin tuna.
- Japanese culture includes: bonsai, kabuki, sumo, sadou, origami and kimono.
- Over 220,000 people were killed during the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima during World War II, making Japan leave the war tradition.
- Japan has about 130 million people, which means that 2 out of 100 inhabitants of the world are Japanese.
- Japanese man who survived the Titanic, in his country received the title of coward because he did not die along with other passengers.
- In Japan, as many as 90% of phones are waterproof, because teenagers use them in the shower.
- In Korea and Japan there are popular cafes for cats where you can drink coffee, while many cats are walking around you.
- Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan and is considered a symbol of hard work.
- Black cats are considered as a symbol of happiness.
- Giving money tips is considered rude in this country.
- In the Japanese language, there are over 20 ways to tell someone I’m sorry.
- More than 1,500 earthquakes are annually recorded in Japan.
Photo credit: Pixabay.com