If your Netgear extender behaves weirdly without any reason even after a successful Netgear extender setup, it’s time to change its wireless settings. Don’t know how? Very simple! Just read our full post and change the wireless settings like a tech-savvy.
Wait! Before going further, let us ask a question to you: what is a Netgear extender and how it helps in improving your wireless range. If you know the answer to this query very well, you can go straight to the steps for changing wireless settings. However, we suggest you not to miss this section as it contains very useful information about the extender so that you can make the most of your device. Let’s get started.
What exactly a Netgear extender is
A WiFi range extender lives up to its name.
- It boosts and amplifies the existing wireless signals extending WiFi network coverage to far corners.
- The device enables all smart devices within the extended range to connect to the internet with ease.
- It helps the signals reaching multiple floors in a building, all corners and even in your yard.
- Once done with the new extender setup, you will enjoy superior internet usage speeds and other additional advantages.
How does a Netgear extender work?
Planning to buy a Netgear extender? Well, to buy the most ideal WiFi booster for your home or office, it is very important to know how it works. In actual fact, an extender starts working as soon as it has set up a connection between the router and wireless device e.g. a computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet with enabled WiFi.
- The extender makes a reliable connection with the router network.
- It receives the signals coming from the router or main access point.
- Then the extender amplifies the received signals.
- Once done, it spreads the amplified signals throughout the home or office.
That’s how a Netgear extender works. The quickness of this process is entirely dependent on the router and type of WiFi extender you use.
How to make WiFi range extender setup successful?
To set up a Netgear extender, you need to aware of mywifiext. It is a local web address which provides you on-screen steps to install and configure your extender. Though the steps are very easy, yet various users fail to make their new extender setup a success.
Well, such users truly deserve some tips to get the job done. Sensing this need, we have also included a few practical tips which allow you to access mywifiext.net login page in hassle-free way. Let’s have a quick glance at them:
- The latest firmware version should be installed on your extender and router.
- The login credentials such as username and password for mywifiext.net setup should be right.
- Web browser should run the recent version.
- Check the URL of mywifiext.net carefully.
- Keep the extender to a central location.
- Put the extender and router far away from interference-producing barriers.
- Don’t place the extender near electronic gadgets.
- Try using the less-crowded wireless channel.
So, these were some take-into-consideration things while setting up a Netgear extender. If you still come across any tech issue, you can contact our experts’ team to fetch prompt and targeted solutions.
Now, let’s come to the main question: How to change the wireless settings of Netgear extender.
- A WiFi-compatible smartphone, computer, laptop or tablet
- Web browser such as Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Explorer, Edge or Safari
Steps to follow
Step 1: Ensure that the wireless computer, smartphone or tablet is connected to the extender network.
Step 2: Double-click on any web browser and access mywifiext.com web address.
Step 3: If this doesn’t work for you, use 192.168.1.250 IP address for login.
Step 4: Type the username in first field and password in another one.
Step 5: Navigate to the wireless setup section.
Step 6: Delete the current SSID and enter the new one.
Step 7: Select security options.
Step 8: Fill in the desired password.
Step 9: Hit Apply to complete the process.
Now, the wireless settings of a Netgear extender have been changed. If you have any suggestions or queries regarding the process, drop them down by hitting comments below.