With a user base beyond 1.5 billion, WhatsApp is the most influential online communication channel on the planet. Users rely on this app to stay connected and send over 60 billion messages in a day. It has a massive market share of 40% and is growing at a fast pace due to its smart API.
With the launch of WhatsApp Messenger API, the channel is reaching out to customer-centric businesses as well. The API can be integrated for retailers looking to enhance enterprise communications. They can also improve customer experiences (CX) with WhatsApp APIs.
Why Should You Integrate WhatsApp API?WhatsApp Business helps the companies to send safe and secure messages directly to their customers. Unlike SMS messaging, WhatsApp is directly related to a single phone number, and it creates a branded profile for the business. Hence, customers immediately know that they are chatting with and getting messages from the company.
User adoption is impressively high, and most of the customers are already using the app to make communications easier. All you need to do is integrate WhatsApp Business profile with your phone number and include it in your marketing programs to get started.
How Can WhatsApp API Improve CX?When you automate the delivery of messages through WhatsApp, it creates personalized communications that enhance brand experiences. Here are the ways in which retailers can optimize CX through this platform.
1. Improves the Customer ServiceWhile shopping online, over 76% of the customers prefer finding a self-service solution that can resolve any issues they encounter while shopping. This is where WhatsApp can be integrated as a branded virtual assistant for the customers. It can work as a readily available point of contact for the customers, whether they are new or existing.As a virtual assistant, WhatsApp API helps to great the customers and answers their queries to enhance their experiences. It remains available to ensure account recovery or to facilitate stock checks throughout the customer’s self-service journey. For high priority inquiries, a call center agent can take over the conversation to help the customer.
Also, it is expected that a significant number of customer support services will rely on virtual assistant by 2020. The retailers can benefit from this shift of paradigm by deflecting calls from call centers to a self-service channel like WhatsApp.
2. Adds Value as a Sales AssistantAlthough the high street footfall is declining, customers still prefer a sales assistant to find products and provide recommendations. WhatsApp Messenger API helps to automate the interactions with customers who are open to know about a product through messaging. They can easily submit their queries and needs to the app and set up automated responses.
The retailers can use this opportunity to showcase relevant products with the help of images and videos. Also, they can recommend other products or services depending on the purchase history and previous searches made by the customer. If the customer finds the product matching their need, transaction can be moved to the payment screen using SmartLink.
3. Enhances In-Store ExperiencesDespite the growing number of customers who prefer multiple channels for their shopping needs, 62% of them still prefer better in-store experiences. You can say the future of retail business is a hybrid of physical and digital experiences. Hence, many retailers enable customers to explore and shop in a physical store with the convenience and speed of digital shopping.
Using WhatsApp, you can combine both, so customers can use the channel to book their shopping and collection times. Also, the in-store staff can be equipped with the same channel to look up the customer’s purchase history, accounts, product recommendations, and much more. It helps to provide personalized experiences for the customer.
4. Ensures Better EngagementIn a retail business, customer loyalty programs are integral to managing better relationships over time. Since customer behavior is changing, digital platforms are replacing loyalty cards to track and redeem the rewards using the business app.But, there are challenges in engaging the customers through the brand’s app. There can be a lack of phone storage, roaming data, or a lack of willingness to sign up for the app.However, WhatsApp API can drive away these challenges by making accessible loyalty programs. Customers can easily track and manage their points while on the move.
5. Manages an Easy Return and Delivery SystemThe delivery of personalized real-time messages is essential to update the customers from the moment of placing the order. WhatsApp can manage these real-time responses and allow customers to change their delivery options as per convenience. It also helps to flag the issues and track the delivery system to delay the order or to organize a different drop-off point.The logistics companies can use WhatsApp to submit digital signatures, simplify the returns process, and provide photo evidence of the product’s conditions for a streamlined delivery system.So, set up WhatsApp Messenger for your business to enable seamless and direct communication with your customers.