A house down the street from me had some beautiful dark red lilies growing in their front yard. I couldn’t resist taking a couple of photos of them. I’ve also been experimenting with the new Macphun Luminar for Windows (beta). The red flowers versus the green foliage provided a great contrast and I thought it might be fun to see what the program could do with the photo. (If you take a close look at the flower in the middle, you will notice the rear end of an orthopteran nymph.)
All three of the photos were edited. The first one was enhanced a bit using ACDSee Ultimate 10.4. I adjusted the lighting and boosted the contrast and vibrance. I do the same with almost all of my photos.
For photos two and three I used ACDSee Ultimate 10.4 to convert the NRW (RAW) file to a PSD. Luminar seems to have some trouble opening the NRW files but works fine with the PSD format. Since PSD is uncompressed, it’s not a big deal. It’s certainly better than the lossy JPG.
I then loaded the PSD files into Luminar, edited them and exported them as JPGs.