Whether it is a fashion brand, automobile or any other, Instagram happens to be the best platform for online marketing and business promotion. Using this popular platform, you can reach out to more and more people in a far better way that you can through Facebook or Twitter.
Using Instagram is the easiest way to amass a vast and engaged audience and to get plenty of likes for each of your posts. With such a vast outreach and a host of opportunities offered this platform has quickly and successfully become the key marketing channel for almost every business. This platform enables businesses to establish a direct and instant connect with hundreds and thousands of potential customers on a daily basis.
Now, the question is how to make your brand successful and stand out on Instagram? Well, there are a few useful and effective steps to follow so that you can craft your own Instagram marketing strategy.
Have a clear vision
The success in Instagram marketing largely depends on your vision and focus. Both should be clear and definite so that you get the desired results that you can measure. You must have one or a couple of goals determined while you design your Instagram marketing strategy. This is the primary factor that all Instagram users should consider.
Therefore, whether you are new to it and are going to share your posts for the first time on this platform or an already established business owner looking to lift your online presence even further through this platform, it is important in both the cases to have clear goals in mind to start with.
Setting goals will also help you to define and formulate your strategy on Instagram in a better way and create a more engaging content that will help you to achieve your set goals.
Goals may vary from business to business, but usually, there are a few common goals that most individuals, brands, and teams tend to choose. These are:
- Building a specific community
- Showcasing the products or services
- Increasing awareness of the brand
- Showcasing the culture and values of the company
- Advertising to the potential customers
- Increasing brand loyalty and
- Sharing news and updates of the company.
For best results, it is best to choose one or two of these goals for your Instagram profile. You can also customize your goal according to your business. However, if you are in a dilemma as to which goals to choose that will make sense for business, then you may consider the following questions:
- Why are you using this platform?
- How can this platform help you to achieve your marketing goals overall?
- How much budget and time can you afford to Instagram?
- How does this specific platform offer you something different from all other available platforms?
Well, if you follow the footsteps of the most successful brands on Instagram or consult with an expert such as VVSlikes, you will know that there are two primary goals that you should follow for a successful Instagram marketing strategy.
- Your top goal should be to build and foster an engaged community of supporters, followers, and users. You can set a target to reach out to and feature the work of at least four community members each week to reach your goal. Do the math, and you will see that you have successfully established a one-on-one connect with 208 people in 52 weeks, that is in a year.
- Your other goal for a successful Instagram marketing strategy is to increase engagement continually on every one of your posts.
This will ensure that you have a better engagement rate which is the ratio between the average engagement per post and the number of followers. Make sure that you follow the industry standard and continue producing Instagram content of the highest quality to keep your engagement rate over and above the set benchmark.
Search the demographics
Considering the members of your audience on Instagram, you must search the demographics so that you can deliver the right message at the right time to the right people. This is the basic principle and objective of marketing, online or offline.
Moreover, if you understand and follow the demographics of any platform, you are sure to hit your target audience. Break down the Instagram demographics according to age and gender of the users. If you do so, you will find that more than half of the total young adult internet users aging between 18 and 29 use Instagram. Here is the full breakdown of age groups according to research:
- 18 to 29 years old – 53%
- 30 to 49 years old – 25%
- 50 to 64 years old – 11%
- People over 65 years – 6%.
If you further break it down according to gender, you will see that Instagram users are mostly female. According to research, it is 29% while there are only about 22% of males that use Instagram.
If you break it down according to the location of the users you will see that research says:
- 28% of users live in urban areas
- 26% live in suburban areas and
- 19% in rural areas.
According to education demographics, the figure shows:
- 31% of users have some college experience
- 24% are college graduates and
- 23% of users are high school graduates or less.
As per income, the Instagram demographics are:
- 28% of adults earn less than $30,000
- 26% make over $75,000
- 26% range between $50,000 and $74,999 and
- 23% of adults earn anywhere from $30,000 to $49,999.
Therefore, if you look at the figures, you will quickly know which members are more active on Instagram. If you have your goals in mind, you can tap them and start building your online presence easily through Instagram.
However, the most significant factor to know is the way in which you can optimize your Instagram profile. You can do this through your profile pictures, bio, and link. This is where you will need the experts to provide the desired velocity to your profile to reach out to more people comfortably.