INTERESTING ABOUT Gambia
– Gambia is a country in West Africa with a coastline on the Atlantic Ocean. Earth follows the River Gambia and this state borders only with Senegal, which surrounds it. The territory of this country extends 320 kilometers in the direction of east-west and north-south width is not more than 50 kilometers. Total area is 10,380 square kilometers and has about 2.1 million inhabitants. The official language is English and the currency is the Dalasi.
1. The Gambia is the smallest country of continental surface of Africa and borders only with Senegal.
2. Gambia is home to 569 species of birds also travel significant Known for its pristine beaches but is also known for its sex tourism.
3. The capital of Gambia’s Banjul, located on the island of St. Mary, where the Gambia River flows into the Atlantic Ocean. The city has about 400. 000 residents and more than 50% of the city’s population is under the age of 18 years.
4. The Gambia in 2013 after 48 years of membership came from the Commonwealth, state television announced that Gambia will never be part of an organization that is a continuation of colonialism.
5. The Gambia is a country where the main crop peanuts, 75% of the population is engaged in the production of peanuts and Gambia exported in large quantities.
6. The Gambia for 22 years ruled by President Yahya Jammeh who came to power in a military coup in 1994. The United Nations has accused him of censorship and oppression of peoples. 2007 announced that it has found a cure for AIDS patients he rubbed balm that is personally made, and after three days they would be healed. Also after his arrest were killed about 1,000 women who claimed they were witches and that they should be exterminated. In December 2016 he lost the election, first admitted defeat after a few days he withdrew recognition. His opponent had fled to neighboring Senegal and President of several African countries arrived in Banjul to persuade him to step down from power but failed.