Love ItLove It CryCry

Todays Events – this is real but it is not New Zealand

Today dear friends

We have had news of active shooting in 2 Mosques of Christchurch. One in Hadley park and another in Linwood avenue.

We don’t know how many people have died.

It is not like New Zealand. 

One of the shooters said they did it to teach people that no where in this world is safe.

Yes, sadly my friends, it even happens in New Zealand. It happened today. Friday the 15th of March the day chosen as it was a day where Muslims spend in prayer in Mosques. 

My illustration of a witch on a broomstick. Not all witches are bad or deliberately kill people. In the same way, not all people that are Muslims are bad.

Not all of any religion whatever it is are bad. 


What do you think?


Written by Pamela Moresby

Wordsmith BuddySmarty PantsBookwormLoyal BuddyYears Of MembershipImage MakerUp/Down VoterStory MakerList MakerGallery MakerVerified UserPoll MakerContent Author


Leave a Reply
  1. So, how do you tell the difference? One group, probably the ones praying at the time are “Sunni” Muslims who are usually not extremest since fewer of them seem to lend themselves to violent action. Then there are the Shiites who comprise only between 10% and 13%. The remaining 87% to 90% are Sunni Muslims. … One of the most crucial differences between Shia and Sunni Muslims is the importance that the Shiites give to Ali, whom the Sunni do not recognize as being the prophet Mohammed’s rightful successor.

    • Will be honest here Andre, I take people as I see them and if they are good to me, I respond in kind with no judgements.
      I don’t really care about the colour of their skin or race…Most New Zealanders are like that, however, as soon as they go around shooting people with guns, ,,,that is an entirely different thing.
      We are not used to that type of behaviour here.
      These Muslims came to New Zealand thinking they would be safe, and I was happy that they could live here in peace with nothing bad happening to them

      A white supremist? Well, in my view we are all human and flesh and blood. What defines a person is how they treat other human beings, not the colour of their skin or religion

        • So that is what we also thought and took for granted…However some of the Muslims have said some people in New Zealand have been very rude and insulting to them because the women wear the head scarf and the men attend a Mosque.
          I wish people would behave like civilised adults.
          If you saw some of the drunken behaviour I have seen you would see, unfortunately uncivilised behaviour. Sad …but true
          However, I live in a relatively peaceful place and hope it stays that way

  2. I will never understand this … how can one man do not matter what kind of faith he makes such a massacre … everywhere in the world this is happening … we still have a lot of luck … it seems that we are too small and uninteresting

    • Thanks Lado, still in shock, this has not happened in New Zealand . Sure a small town in Aramoana in the south island had a mad man with guns shoot and kill all he saw. Not often does this happen,
      There were 4 gun men white supremists, and one was Australian. one of them was a woman.
      Christchurch only had a horrific earthquake recently where hundreds of people died. they didn’t need this.

Leave a Reply