How would you describe work? Work to me is writing even though it is not just an 8-hour a day job. People seem to think that my job is not a real job and that I can just do what they want when they need something done. It seems like it does not matter that I have a few bills to pay and I have to write to earn money to do this. Just wondering how many of you out there in cyber land work from home doing whatever from writing, teaching, selling or even consulting and do others think just because you do your work from home that you can just drop what you are working on do what they want.
It seems like I have to every afternoon to get kids off the bus at four in the afternoon. Two hours in the afternoon when my new online college course starts I really do not know what to do because the course being asynchronous the instructor needs to see how many students have logged in and reply to each of them. There will be anywhere from 25 to 30 students in my new class and those two hours in the afternoon would seem to be the best time for to check in. The hours if I forgot to share is from four to six in afternoon.
I really do not know how I am going to do this and watch kids too. Like I mentioned before it seems like no one really cares if I have a job or not just as long as they get what they want done who cares what I need to do. I help them keep their yards looking neat and even clean houses in between waiting for messages from my writing and teaching jobs. Writing is easy for me, but it is still hard work coming up with ideas and making what I write interesting for the readers. To share my many online jobs to see what I am talking or to be honest complaining about is the following. Here is my schedule:
- 5:30AM Care for my dog – walking outside to business (if you know what I mean)
- 6:00AM Start doing a few household chores
- 7:00AM Eat breakfast; look at newspaper for story ideas if any
- 7:30AM Check emails/check in on my online sites. Training for online teaching course.
- 8:00AM to 12 Noon Reading (I am re-reading my textbooks and magazines) for research. Training
- 12 Noon- 12:30 Eat Lunch
- 1PM – 3PM Continue reading and also start writing articles and quizzes for my online sites like this one.
- 3PM- 4PM Try to gather material to take down to another house to make sure a kid does not get into trouble.
- 4PM-8 or 9PM Teaching class when training is done. If I remember right students log into online classes after work usually.
This is my workday for writing and teaching and then I usually find a little time to do a household chore like mowing the yard and scrubbing the floor and doing laundry.