When you embark upon a new project within your life, then you are usually filled with enthusiasm and inspiration. However, that desire to accomplish your new goal tends to wane gradually day-by-day.
Family and friends will encourage you to continue pushing forward by yelling, “Do not quit!” Everybody knows that quitting is the wrong thing to do when the pressure is on.
The problem is that we have not been taught on how not to quit. You must acquire these eight qualities during the roughest parts of your assignment so that you do not throw in the towel.
- Consistency. You must be consistent in doing something towards reaching your goal at all times. If you stop, then you will fall. It’s like running uphill. If you stop, then you will roll all the way down to the bottom. Remaining idle while watching life pass you by is not an option.
- Moral excellence. Doing things the right way the first time instead of taking shortcuts will prevent frustration from creeping in.
- Knowledge. You can never know too much. If you are stuck in a rut, then do some research until you find the solution.
- Self-control. Do not allow for your emotions to go haywire. Control yourself so that things will not go out of control.
- Patience. Problems are only temporary. Build up endurance by choosing to make it to the finish line no matter what.
- Goodness. Change your identity. Choose to be good instead of remaining bad. You cannot do good things unless you decide to be good. Make the decision to do what you are supposed to do.
- Kindness. The person that you are being a jerk to could possibly be the one that could help you to complete your assignment at this time.
- Love. My definition of love is to give your all for the benefit of others and not for your own personal gain. Eliminate motives from your life.
Once you embrace all of these qualities, productivity will increase to the point that quitting will no longer remain an option. For 2017, choose not to quit. Do not quit!