Pinewood is available in large quantities which make it a cheap and feasible option for most people than the other trees in their class. When it comes to pine tree decks which have been treated, the wood is placed under pressure along with water-borne preservatives so that the wood is not infected. Chromated copper arsenate was used in earlier times which made it very dangerous since the wood had arsenic in it. The groundwater is contaminated with arsenic which makes it a very major pollutant and is very harmful. This was a big disadvantage for treated pine decking earlier, but with the advent of technology and its major developments, arsenic and its adverse effects have become a matter of the past. Micronized copper is the preservative that is added to the wood, which is much safer than arsenic and also retains the original shade of the pinewood in the decking, which makes it a better option.
The durability, safety, and low-cost have become made pinewood a very popular option amongst variants such as cedar and redwood for decks. Pinewood is a material which keeps the decks long-lasting and new for years on end. It is an economical option that is safe and very robust.
Advantages of using pine decking
- It is environment-friendly. The wood that is procured after disposing of the pine tree decking after it has been utilized for a long time is earth-friendly. You can buy treated pine sleepers without any hesitation as they are good for the environment. They don’t get deposited as a waste material, and they don’t pollute the environment at all. If you burn the treated wood, it doesn’t emit a lot of energy and carbon dioxide and burns clean.
- Treated pine tree wood is more than 4 times stronger compared to plastic decking. The pine tree decking remains cool even if it is exposed to the sun for a long time. It doesn’t absorb much heat, and it remains comfortable under your feet in the sweltering heat.
- It is an economical option as it provides durability at low costs. It is a good decking material.
- Pine trees grow very tall in a short amount of time, so the trees that are planted grow back in a few years. The pine trees that are used to build your deck are regrown by the time you need a new pine deck.
- Treated pinewood boards are available in several standard sizes which make them more consistent and approachable.
- If you are a customer that needs to redecorate, and you wish to choose a deck that matches your interiors, then you can also get the deck stained or painted with a colour that you wish.
- The labour cost for building such a pine deck is very less as it is very easy to build and treated pine decking is easier to work with. The deck is built very easily.
Treated pine decks can become a great addition to your home, which is why you must opt for them whether you’re a resident, who is just redecorating or a new inhabitant, who is building a new house!