As the name suggests, the shade sails are a type of arrangement that provides shelter for outdoor purposes. The technology used for constructing shade sails is more or less the same as is used for building these sails. These shades provide great shelter and are available in the different price range in the market. Thus, a shade sail is a device that provides shade from the sun.
Being extremely easy to handle setting them up is an easy task. You will find these shades in outdoor cafeterias and in school playgrounds. These shades also provide protection from the harmful UV rays and protect you from skin cancer.
How does this shade sail work?
Based on its high market demand, manufacturers have started making shade sails in various sizes and price range so that it can match everyone’s expectations. While you buy the shade of your choice, it is very important to know how to install these shades. Before installing, you must keep a note of the direction from which the maximum sun rays fall. The steps are:
- Once you’re aware of the place where you want to put the shade, mark the four points to fix the corners. Ensure that the fixing stalls are strong enough to hold the shade in position.
- Once you plug in the side of the shade, use a chain or a tightrope to tie the sides. This would provide further protection.
- For outdoor picnic or get together purpose, you can also attach these sides to a tree, but it is recommended for temporary use only.
- Make four holes on the sides of the ground and fix the corners in the sides and the sides into the ground. The depth of the holes would vary, based on the type of the ground. Once you place the stands into the holes, put cement from above to seal the holes. This would be holding the corners intact. After two days, ensure that the corners are properly fixed to the ground.
After the installation is done connect the shade sails with a ratchet. This would be giving further assistance. Care must be taken to clean the shade on a weekly basis. The cleaning can be done using a semi-wet sponge dipped into a special cleansing solution which you can avail from the market.
What are the benefits of using shade sails?
Shade sails are mostly witnessed within the school and college campus. These shades have innumerable benefits which make them stand out from other ordinary shares available in the market.
- The first benefit provided by these shades is constant protection from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. These rays cause skin cancer and allergy. Children spend most of their leisure time playing out in the sun, hence the school authorities are putting up these shades to protect the children from getting affected by those rays.
- As these shades provide 95% heat protection, they automatically make the playground a much cooler place than before. These shades provide a comfortable area for everyone to relax during summers.
- There are tiny holes in these shades that facilitate ventilation. Cool breeze easily passes through these holes keeping the interior breezy and relaxing.
- Who doesn’t like to have fun outdoors especially during a pleasant sunny afternoon? These shades allow you to have your lunch out in the sun. You can place your dining table and chairs underneath these shades and have a gala time with your family.
These shades sail no doubt brighten up your outdoor seating arrangements available in wide range of style and design options, to choose from. You can select the color and patterns of shades sails to give your outdoor a vibrant touch.