There is no way that you can keep your carpet completely stain-free, no matter how carefully you tread. Red wine spilt coffee, a pen leaked by accident pet stains is extremely disturbing. Here, we talk about some of the possible ways of getting these stains out with a good amount of patience and the right way.
When we talk about stains, you need to remember that the longer a stain is left unattended, the longer it will take to get out. There are various types of ways to remove different stains. Read through these steps and prepare yourself for such future mishaps.
Before you go on with these methods, ensure that they don’t worsen your situation.
How to Remove Red Wine out of the carpet
- DON’T RUB IN; blot the stain with a tissue or a piece of rag to get out as much wine as possible.
- A solution of 1 cup(250 ml) hydrogen peroxide and ½ teaspoon dish wash or dish soap, generously apply on the stain and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then use a paper towel to absorb the remaining content.
- If there is still some left, repeat the same process but with a wet/dry vacuum. Check over here to get your cleaning equipment. Buy good quality carpet cleaner solutions from Steamaster.
How to Remove Spilled coffee stain out of a carpet
I know you think that this probably won’t work but just follow the steps to see magic.
- Again don’t rub in. Just blot as much as possible using a paper towel or rag and a normal towel. Work from the outer surface slowly towards the center so the liquid doesn’t spread.
- Using one cup (250ml) of hydrogen peroxide and ½ teaspoon of dish wash or dish soap, dab the stain.
- Once you are done dabbing, let the stain sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If some part of the stain is still left, repeat the above process again and then clean it with your dry or wet vacuum, depending on your carpet.
How to Remove leaked pen or ink stain out of carpet
We’ve all had accidents when it comes to pens. We’ve all had accidents, and the Lord knows that it’s very tough to get out an ink stain from a carpet as they contain pigments, dyes, and lubricants. Let’s quickly look at these steps
- Carefully blot a fresh stain. Do not press it further into the carpet.
- Soak the stain for at least 10 minutes with denatured alcohol. When you do this, it soaks down into the carpet about half an inch but not so deep that it gets into the padding under the carpet.
- Use a microfibre brush to massage the alcohol into the carpet to get everything out.
- For a stain that persists, repeat the process and then vacuum with a wet/dry vacuum. You can get your cleaning equipment here.
How to Remove pet stains from a carpet
- Always scoop and then blot also most of the normal stains come out with warm water so be aware.
- Once the detergent solution is out, apply another solution of 2 tablespoons of white vinegar(easily available) to 1 quart of water. This will eliminate the odor.
- Place an absorbent towel after this process, so there is no moisture in the carpet.
- Let the towel sit for at least half an hour if this towel gets completely soaked up, repeat with a new dry towel.
- When the carpet is completely dry, vacuum or brush it to remove any dents the weight made in that spot be careful.
Using good quality equipment and cleaners your work will be half done. Ensure to use high-end products not to damage the carpet further. Best of luck for your future mishaps.