When the roof of your property wears out or starts leaking, getting it replaced seems like an extremely tedious task which requires a lot of time and money. This is the major reason why all decision regarding roofs are neglected by the majority of people. However, have you ever consider the possibility of getting restoration services for your old roof instead of getting it completely replaced? If your deck is overall in fine condition, and you’ve been performing yearly routine rooftop maintenance to catch and fix minor issues, it could be easily restored which is a better and cost effective method.
Given below are some reasons why you should consider restoring your rooftop before making the decision of replacing it.
1. While replacing the old roof with a new one is a wise decision when one considers its long term advantages, but at the same time, it is a big investment. Replacing an old roof may require an extensive amount of materials and labor, for the existing roof needs to be removed first. And on the other hand, roof restoration, which requires less money and labour – costs pretty less in comparison.
2. The life of a commercial roof is mostly 20 years. Getting it restored can increase its lifespan by prolonging its life upto 15 years. There are a number of companies throughout Sydney which provide people with efficient and reliable roof restoration services tailored according to needs and budget.
3. By restoring your roof, you can contribute to the preservation of valuable resources for future needs as it is a more sustainable and eco friendly solution. Restoration leaves you with a lot less waste materials to dispose off in comparison of getting it replaced.
4. Restoration efforts are financed through maintenance unlike replacement which is considered to be a capital finance. And thus, a rooftop restoration implies you can promptly cost your expenses. Further, depending on where you live, there could be more tax benefits as duty credits and discounts accessible for energy efficient improvements.
5. Restoration is a faster and cleaner method. And on the other hand, replacement is more of a noisy and disruptive process. By restoring your roof, you can upgrade it to Class A Fire Rating which will not only enhance the safety of your building but also reduce the cost of your insurance.
It is advisable to consult an established roof contractor for a second opinion before making the decision of restoration or replacement. You can browse through some of the other options accessible in the market as well such as skylight installation.Furthermore, before initiating the decision, the roof’s viability must be vigorously examined. There are various factors that come into play while calculating the difference between restoration and replacement.
Make sure that the professionals you hire for getting the job done thoroughly inspect the condition of your existing roof. If the roof is in good condition but shingles are nearing the end of their lifespan, restoration can be a good alternative for save money and increasing the lifespan of your roof top.
Last but not the least, get the cost estimation done by the company before starting the process. Generally, restoration costs 50% of the total cost of replacement.
From numerous points of view, rooftop restoration services are superior to tear-offs and replacements. They can increase your property’s rooftop’s life, supplement its look, ensure your workers’ safety, diminish your costs, and are more environmentally friendly.
Perhaps you don’t find the time to consider your rooftop every day. In any case, realize that when you give your rooftop the consideration it merits, you’ll receive numerous rewards that boost your business in the long run.
Talk with one of experts at SpotOn Roofing today and learn more about roof restoration and replacement services in Sydney.