Owning a swimming pool feels great but it takes a lot of effort to maintain and keep it safe for all age groups.
Here we have compiled a list of some necessary maintenance and safety steps that need to be followed:
As a pool owner, it is your responsibility to keep the regular check on electric pool devices like pool filters, pumps and other mechanical parts and use them carefully to avoid any serious injury.
- Avoid using extension cords near pool area.
- Store the chemicals in a cool and dry place.
- Never store pool chemicals near fertilizers, gasoline, paints or other flammable materials.
- Avoid using your hot tub and pool during an electric storm.
- While utility pump is running, don’t enter the water.
- Keep the pool chemicals in a locked area or somewhere away from the reach of children and pets. Plus, storage area should be well ventilated.
- Improperly cared and non-treated pool can become a breeding ground for mosquitoes and algae and other insects and bacterias that could make you and your family ill.
- Make sure you never use hot tub or pool with a broken or missing drain cover. In order to avoid such situation, consider installing safety vacuum release system.
- Get your pool inspected by a professional on a regular basis, who can inform you about possible hazards.
- Always wear a swim cap if you have long hairs as it can lead to entrapment accidents.
- To maintain adequate sanitizer levels, water balance and comfort, test your pool once a week during the winter and 2 to 3 times a week during the summer.
- Any kind of metal should not be present in your swimming pool water as they can stain the pool. A stain remover should be used regularly to prevent staining.
- Pool chemicals can cause chemical burns if not handled carefully and properly. Plus, they should not be dissolved in large quantities of water.
Install A Safety Cover: Pool covers keep the unwanted things like dirt, snow, leaves, pets and small children away from the pool. There are numerous benefits of installing a swimming pool safety cover:
- Both manual and automatic pool cover are easy to install
- You save your money on utility bills as they help to insulate the water, which means you don’t need to waste your electricity on heating water.
- Decrease the amount of time to clean the pool as it doesn’t let the debris like sticks, leaves and paper to collect in the pool.
- Prevents young children and pets from drowning
- Reduce evaporation
Install A Pool Safety Fence: Pool fences works as a protective guards and provide extra security and protection. There are different types of pool fence available, however, the most popular ones are; Wood, Aluminium, Wrought Iron, PVC, Chain Link, Vinyl, Bamboo, Farm and Electric.
- Pool fences are affordable and easy to install.
- Prevents young children and pets from accessing your pool, unauthorised person can’t access your pool either.
- Pool fencing is difficult for the small children to remove, which ultimately reduce the risks of drowning.
- Gives you peace of mind.
Note: If you are planning to install a commercial fencing or pool fencing in Brisbane or wherever you are located, make sure you hire professionals for installation for the superior quality job and avoid spending extra in the future.
Install A Pool Alarm: Swimming pools provide a perfect outdoor space for entertainment plus swimming is a great exercise. However, it can lead to injuries and accidents if safety precautions are not followed. Therefore, necessary precautions must be taken to keep everyone safe. Installing a pool alarm is another most important security feature. Pool fences act as a barrier and on the other hand pool alarms works as a backup protection gadget in case some unauthorised person or a child gain access to the pool. This gadget will keep you informed about the intrusion in your swimming pool. There are various kinds of swimming pool safety alarms that you can choose such as gate alarms, pressure sensitive alarms, perimeter alarms and wearable alarms.
If you think we missed out on something or you have any tips or suggestions, feel free to write us in the comment box below.