<a href="http://www.bikajionline.com/ProductDetails.aspx?prdId=32" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
Shakkar para serves as a great snack when you crave something sweet. It is light and not too sweet. Shakkar para are made from semolina & flour and can be easily made at home. It can be stored for 2-3 weeks.
- Refined flour 1 cup
- Semolina ¼ cup
- Clarified butter (desi ghee) 3 tbsp
- Granulated sugar 2/3 cup
- Powdered sugar 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Semolina, powdered sugar and clarified butter is added to the flour and mixed. Add some water and knead it to form a firm dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for ten minutes.
- Knead the dough once more and make small balls of the dough. Roll the balls into circles of uniform thickness. Pierce it with a fork so that the dough doesn’t puff up when frying.
- Now cut the circle into diamond or square shapes of ½ inch thickness using a cutter. Separate carefully.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan or kadai. Add the cut squares to the pan and fry on low heat till its golden in color. Let it cool.
- In another pan, add sugar to ½ cup of water. When it comes to a boil, lower the flame and let it simmer till a thick syrup is formed.
- Quickly add all the fried pare to the syrup and mix gently. When the pare are coated with sugar syrup, let them cool by spreading them on a large plate.
- When they have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container.