Monday, July 03, 2017
Make most of the two or three months of your summer. Here are some picnic ideas for parks, beaches, backyards, and even indoor picnics. You can add your own unique idea to this list to create a fun do-it-yourself staycation.
- In a juicer, make your own summer drinks using your choice of fruit with herbs, or consider infused water with fruit drinks.
- When cooking, always use medium heat for cooking so that you do not burn ingredients.
- Sautéed corn with spices
- Do potato salad
- Dips for chips and veggie pieces
- Place pan on medium heat, add butter, pour corn kernels onto the pan, and add chili spice to create your own salsa. Then, chop basil leaves before placing into the pan with the corn. Add salt and pepper. (Kosher salt has lower sodium, although I prefer Himalayan pink salt or the black salt).
- And, of course, picnics aren’t picnics without barbecuing or grilling some vegan hot dogs, vegan burgers, and corn on the cob.
- Popular fruits might include watermelon, cantaloupe, citrus, and other juicy fruits that are thirst-quenching on a hot summer day.
- Other must-have picnic items include tote bags, games, picnic baskets, trays, pitchers, portable BBQ, ice chest, collapsible folding table and chairs inside its bags, hammock, radio, and book or magazine.
- Or, if you are a millennium baby, then you might want to order takeout at your favorite restaurant, cafe, or grocery store, but still, use the same picnic items to carry everything to your desired location.