With summer here and all the wonderful fruits ripening on the trees what is better than baking a nice fresh cobbler?
A baker I am. Since I can remember I was in the kitchen with flour, milk sugar and some flavoring trying to make something sweet and delicious. One day this old lady showed me what she called a poor mans cobbler and I have made this ever since, when I wanted something sweet, easy and fast.
You`ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 can of peaches in heavy syrup Or fresh peaches sliced and cooked in sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla flavor
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Put butter in a 9 x 11 baking pan, put into the oven and allow to melt while mixing the rest.
- Put the sugar and the flour in a mixing bowl, slowly add the milk, mixing well each addition of milk, this will prevent lumps.
- Add the vanilla and the cinnamon. Mix well.
- Carefully remove baking pan from oven, add the flour mixture to the melted butter.
- Open the can of peaches and place peaches all over the top of the flour mixture. Drizzle 1/2 of the peach syrup over the top of those.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until its golden brown and bubbly in the middle.
- Serve hot with a scoop of ice cream or plain.
- You may also use berries instead of peaches, strawberries, blueberries or blackberries.