<a href="https://pixabay.com/en/cooking-stove-pan-pot-eat-kitchen-1728343/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
This is a simple, delicious, easy soup recipe.
- 800 grams (28 ounces) of leeks, finely sliced
- a dash of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white flour
- 400 milliliters (0.1056 US liquid gal, about 2 cups) of hot broth (usually chicken)
- 2-3 slices of toasted bread
- a fistful of pine nuts
- grated Parmesan cheese
Other ingredients used may be sea salt, black pepper, and various spices.
The quantities of this recipe are for 4-5 persons
Preparation time: about 30 mins
– First of all, I slice the white part of leeks and put them in a pan with oil. They should get golden slowly without frying. When necessary, I add some water little by little.
– When the leeks are softer, I add the white flour and mix until it is absorbed.
– I pour the hot broth (usually chicken) into and leave to simmer until the leeks are completely mashed.
– I place some slices of toasted bread on a bake-and-serve dish, sprinkle the pine nuts over, pour the leek mash and the broth onto.
– I dust the lot with grated Parmesan cheese, bake for about 8 minutes and serve.
I sometimes froze this soup.
If you like this recipe, you will probably enjoy this one: