You will need to prepare two trays to fit lots of cookies 😉
- 1 glass of all purpose flour
- 2 glasses of wholegrain wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2/3 glass of icing sugar
- little pinch of salt
- 250 g of real, unsalted butter (please do not use margarine!)
- 1 large egg
Mix both flours, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and icing sugar together. Add cold butter cubes and mix to a consistency resembling wet sand. Now add the egg and mix all together until combined. Form a ball, wrap into a cooking foil and put it in a fridge for 2 hours. That will harden the dough and help form cookies later.
Form little walnut size cookies and flatten it a bit. You can use a fork, like I did to get the cute pattern.
Bake for about 15-18 min until slightly golden brown in 180 degrees C.
Suzi approves 😉