I like homemade banana cake so much because it’s not costly and easy to make while giving you the best results. The beauty of this cake is that you can customize it further for diabetic people by simply substituting the sugar with pure honey in the recipe below. I hope you will join me in becoming a buddy of this precious cake.
<a href="https://pixabay.com/en/photos/banana/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
- Mashed ripe bananas – 200g,
- Bicarbonate of soda – 2 tablespoonful,
- Home baking flour – 500g,
- Baking powder – 30g,
- Salt – 5g,
- Corn oil/softened butter – 150ml,
- Sugar – 200g or pure honey – 200ml (for diabetic recipe),
- Eggs – 5pcs
- Vanilla essence – 2drops, and
- Fresh warm milk (enough for consistency)
- Pre-heat oven to 275⁰C. Grease and flour baking tin.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed bananas with bicarbonate of soda and set aside.
- In a medium bowl – mix flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the mixture of mashed bananas with soda and sugar/honey until light and fluffy. Add the corn oil/softened butter while stirring continuously.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla essence.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Pour the content into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
- Finally invert it on a dish, portion and serve it accordingly.
Enjoy my best cake in the world.