Frittata is one of the easiest dishes to make and also favorite of all people. It’s just another way to use eggs and in the end get something different. This is much like quiche or omelets which can be delightfully delicious. The most interesting part is you can make frittata as you like and you can put whatever you like to put on it.
If you make a large amount of frittata it is obvious that you cannot eat all at once. So you have to do something of the leftovers which means you need to know a good method for storing it as well as reheating frittatas. For reheating, oven and microwave are the best option.
So I am going to share some tips to store and reheat frittatas. Keep reading to know.
If you also want to know how to reheat quiche then you can follow kitchengeeky.
Storing Method of Cooked Frittata:
Storing something is a difficult task but not for frittata. You can easily store it using the following way.
- At first make it cool in room temperature.
- Then you have to cover it properly with either aluminum foil paper or you can simply use plastic wrap.
- Then just keep it in freeze up to 5 days.
That’s all you have to do to store it.
Now the most important part I am going to explain and that is the reheating procedures of frittatas.
Reheating Frittatas in Oven:
So this is what we all come here for. You will not get the rubbery or chewy taste of frittatas if you just follow the basic steps I am going to share with you. This is very simple to reheat frittata by oven. But one thing you must need to remember that it will take longer time to reheat frittata than making it in the first time. Now follow the steps below.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree temperature.
- Then remove the frittata from the freeze and remove the foil paper or plastic wrap.
- Cover it aluminum foil before putting it in oven. You can use the same cover if you store the frittata with aluminum foil paper.
- Then keep it in the oven to be baked for 25-30 minutes.
This is it. It is just like this simple to prepare your frittata again with same delicious taste. The key thing to remember is using aluminum foil paper which will prevent your frittata getting soggy and rubbery while reheating it.
Reheating Frittatas in Microwave:
Reheating frittatas by microwave could be the quickest option available. But here you need to keep in mind that, reheating frittata too much makes it super rubbery. The reason behind it is the microwave and egg-based dishes are not a good combination. But if you find the proper spot then it will be good.
So you have to know the following simple steps.
- At first put the frittata in a microwave safe container.
- Then cover it with a damp paper towel properly.
- Keep it in microwave for 15-30 seconds or just wait until it’s heated up completely.
Just be careful not to overheat it to prevent the frittata getting rubbery and disgusting.
These are the simplest ways to reheat frittata. Hope it will help.