Wednesday, March 14, 2018
In the March issue of California Style Magazine, I noticed mostly specific accessories, colors, and textures. There are also lots of over-the-knee and thigh-high boots. Prints are popular, as well.
Gamin Chic style is all about being active while looking effortless with natural-colored makeup and comfortable but stylish clothes. But I notice different hairstyles, from short pixies to bobs to long and tousled. Although I am listing some must-haves, you probably already have most of these items.
- A nylon belt bag is similar to a fannypack, but I guess it is attached to your belt, around your waist. It is perfect for small must-haves, such as money, keys, iPhone, lipstick, comb, lip balm, sunscreen, business cards, small notepad, and a pen.
- Favorite music CD and nonfiction book
- Gold chain necklace with mixed stones.
- Wavy hairstyles
- Denim pants and cropped white t-shirt, modeled by Kaia Gerber, Cindy Crawford’s daughter.
- Gold and diamond earrings
- Carmel-colored velvet mules
- The New Snack: Yogurt with chlorophyll and berries.
- Sheer gown in brown shades has silkscreen picture.
- Boxy, chest-style purse
- In the magazine, the model has her hair made into two devil horns sticking out of her head. Satan-woman hair is in style.
- Clear sheer plastic accessories are popular again, which includes shoes, purses, and visor. There are some clothes in clear plastic, such as raincoats.
- Lots of clothes and accessories have studs, gems, jewels, spikes, sequins, and other embellishments as fun décor for your accessory.
- Fringe, frays, and tassels decorate clothes, shoes, purses, and belts to give your piece personality. I notice an interesting purse with scarf handle. I might consider doing this to an old purse in order to give it new life or a second life.
- Prints are popular for spring, which include checkered, patchwork, plaids, tartans, and gingham. They look really cute and fun on purses, shoes, hosiery, clothes, and hair accessories.
- Clothes and accessories in weaved and knitted textures, which include crochet, whipstitch, basket weave, rubber band looming, loomed yarn items, and straw-weaved items. I have colorful rubber band loomed bracelets, anklets and chokers that I loomed a couple of years ago for fun with a kids’ toy Rainbow Loom. I might still be able to wear some of my yarn loomed items during windy spring days. I need to also to remember to use my bamboo weaved purse.
- Spring 2018 makeup is mostly in natural colors of peach, apricot, pink or rose blush, beige, nude, and heather. But add some sparkle and shine on your face, whether eyeshadow, blush, or lipstick. Consider metallic nail polish.
- Sheer mini dress, cage heel sandal in white, cross body purse in beige, glove clutch in white, and tea rose mirror sandals in metallic are the current trends for spring.