Friday, September 15, 2017
While on YouTube, I checked out two fashion coordination videos for fun, and I thought two girls did a good job with coordinating basic and simple clothes together with basic accessories in order to create different outfits. The first girl is young, and her style is more American Casuals. The second girl is older, and her style is more sophisticated, which is more like European Chic. I used to dress like the first girl when I was a teenager as well as in my 20s. As I got older, I dressed more like the second girl, with chic items.
The first girl creates 6 different outfits, using neutral colors like heather gray, red, black, white, and denim. I listed the items in each outfit. As you can tell, she picked basic pieces in neutral colors so that they all work together, and she can mix and match them together to create even more outfits than these six. I think she did a good job.
- Jeans, white t-shirt, denim jackets, white sneakers, red scarf, red purse, cap, and sunglasses
- Black skirt, white t-shirt, earrings, black tights, ankle boots, long black jacket, and black purse
- Black t-shirt, leggings or skinny jeans, ankle boots, necklace, dark red blazer, belt over the blazer to cinch her waist, black hat, and black purse
- Heather gray t-shirt with V-neck, cropped denim pants, white sneakers, necklace, checkered flannel shirt, earrings, and black purse. She adds eyeglasses as an extra accessory.
- Heather gray t-shirt, black skirt, earrings, black ankle boots, red lipstick, black moto jacket, and black purse
- Denim skirt, black t-shirt, black sneakers, black slouchy beanie, sunglasses, black blazer, and white purse
Now, imagine you finished high school and college, and you want to create a more mature and sophisticated style with similar basic clothing and accessories. The girl in the second video also does a good job coordinating basics into a chic and stylish outfit, but she uses jewelry and accessories to add that element of sophistication. She does 5 different outfits with her pieces.
Both girls do a good job with similar basic and simple clothing and accessories, but their outfits look different because of their age. I probably dress like the older one more now because I am older. Her pieces are more sophisticated basics. The young girl dresses more like American Casuals, while the older girl dresses more like European Chic.
Which one do you like better?