Autumn is just around the corner, around mid-September, or September 22nd. The weather is obviously cooling down, even in Southern Cali. It is a good time to do reorganize your wardrobe for the autumn season, which might only involves putting away summer and spring clothing, and taking out any clothing and accessories that will fit into this autumn’s 2018 lineup. The autumn season is just around the corner, well, it is September 22nd to be exact. The weather, even in Southern Cali, is cooling off, or at least not as hot as summer humidity. It is time to reorganize your wardrobe for the autumn season, which might only involve putting away summer and spring clothing, and leaving out the clothes and accessories that best fit with this autumn’s 2018 lineup.
The first video lists the top ten must-haves for autumn 2018.
- Western items include cowboy and indian outfits, which involve denim, plaid, shirts with front pockets, vests, fringe, and pleather. I have never been into cowboy and indian outfits, unless for Halloween costumes.
- animal print is still popular for autumn, but it is now in bold colors. (I have a couple of colored animal print).
- 80s items is the vintage decade for autumn 2018. (Since I was a teen and college student during the 80s, I have many items I can use).
- futuristic fashions clothing and accessories in holographic, transparent, metallic and shiny materials. I think these are fun, but might appear dressy for daytime.
- Prairie fashions are, I think, an extension of Cowboy/Indian outfits. Just watch old episode of Little House in the Prairie for ideas or even Holly Hobbie’s outfits.
- Shearling–I hope this shearling is fake fur.
- Plaid–came early this year. It is usually popular during the wintertime.
- Oversized coats and jackets–I have been wearing them all year since last autumn because oversized coats and jackets are perfect for the layered look.
- bright neons are popular for this autumn. Such colors are usually popular during summertime.
- But I you want to keep it simple, stick to three basic colors for this autumn–red, white, and brown, whether worn monochromatic in one color from head to toe, or all three colors or two colors worn together. I think brown shades have always been popular during autumn. And, red and white are both like neutral colors because they mix and match with other colors.
In the second video, the woman lists autumn 2018 fashions to avoid because they aren’t very practical and they are likely to waste your money.
One is the very long sleeve, in which I think I already have two or three like this shirt from the past. With weird sleeves like this, you have to play with the blouse to make it look good, whether to push up the sleeves, roll it up, or fold the sleeves at the ends to a attractive length. No one is really going to wear such long sleeves as they are, unless they are an idiot.
The tiny purses are cute, but maybe as a wallet for your backpack, gym bag, or messenger bag.
Holographic, transparent, and silver clothing are fun but dressy, and maybe worn as a statement piece to an autumn outfit.
Quilted clothing isn’t really new, and I actually think it is practical for autumn and winter.
Patchwork isn’t that new, and it goes well with the cowboy/indian look, and would look as a statement piece to a monochromatic solid outfit.