Basics are a must-have because they are so practical and versatile as well as timeless. I have such timeless pieces that I have bought, probably from the 80s and 90s. That is why I like all my clothes, even the older ones, because I thoroughly think about buy everything before I buy it to make sure I really like it. I will list her top 5, before I will add my top 5 below it.
I decided to post this video because I like most of her ideas or agree with her on most things. I also like Steve Madden merchandise, and I actually have a Steve Madden blue belt that I bought at Ross or TJ Maxx for my oval gemmed belt buckle because its original belt tore. The Steve Madden blue belt actually looks better with this belt buckle.
- Covered Button Shirts. I think I have two shirts like that.
- Turtleneck. I agree, but I usually like wearing turtlenecks during cool months in a layered look.
- Striped long-sleeve bateau blouse. I have one similar in blue and white stripes with red felt Monte Carlo logo that I got from Monte Carlo, France. I love that blouse because it looks so spring and nautical.
- Denim Button-Up Shirt. I used to wear mine a lot during the 90s. But I think I have two.
- I used to wear Nordstrom BP clothes a lot when I was younger, which is mostly during the 90s. I have always liked V-Neck blouses, whether t-shirts or sweaters, especially with jeans and leggings.
While watching this video, I realize I have a lot of timeless basics in my closet. That is why I like my old clothes, even the ones that are now tight. That is why I need to lose 10 pounds to get into my old clothes that I still like.
My Top 5 Must-Have Shirt List:
- White Tee for layered look
- White Shirt for layered look
- Camisoles for layered look
- Cropped sweaters with skirts
- Long Sweaters with leggings