Without a doubt, a little black dress is a wardrobe staple for any woman! Dress it up or down, it makes for the perfect outfit whether you’re headed for a night out with your girls, going on a date, or attending a cocktail party. That being said, you can’t sport the same look all the time.
Hold on; don’t whip out your credit card just yet! You don’t have to go shopping for another dress when you can get the most out of your closet favorite just by accessorizing it right.
So check out these amazing ways to take your LBD to the next level!
1) Add Some Color
<a href="https://micahgianneli.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
- Choose a solid or multi-colored scarf to glam up your LBD. Simply throw one around your neck or wrap it in a way that makes you stand out from the crowd! Check this link for some amazing ways to tie a scarf.
- A great way to doll up in a jiffy is to convert your scarf into a wrap by wearing it draped over your shoulders. Opt for fabrics like silk, chiffon, satin or cashmere.
- Use a square or long scarf as a head-wrap, bandana, or hair accessory. This will give your LBD a fresh twist while making you look retro chic or exotic bohemian!
- For effortless style, tie a kerchief or small scarf around your wrist or handbag for a pop of color, or let a medium-sized scarf simply hang on your arm.
- Wearing a bright colored belt is a great way to break up the black and add interest to your outfit. A belt that is 1½ inch wide will flatter most figures, but if you’re skinny you can wear a belt that is wider. Fuller women will look better wearing a slim belt; just make sure to wear the belt around the smallest part of your torso!
- Wearing a gold or silver colored belt, a neutral colored leather belt with a metal buckle, or an animal print belt can take your fashion quotient one notch higher.
- Make heads turn with a bright colored handbag or pair of shoes. Again, animal prints can work wonders here!
- Since you’re wearing a black dress, you don’t want to throw in too many different colors, so remember to match your accessories or stay in the same color family.
2) Add a Layer or Two
<a href="http://www.andeelayne.com/2013/12/holiday-party.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
- If you have a sturdy knit dress, treat it like a jumper and put on a silk white blouse underneath. A black dress with straps can be worn as a pinafore with a collared shirt or crisp button-down too!
- Wear an oversized sweater over your LBD to create a new silhouette. If going for an all-black look, experiment with textures to keep things interesting.
- Make your outfit look edgy by wearing a black leather jacket over your LBD. Consider wearing a denim jacket instead to keep the look casual.
- If you’re not adding color to your outfit in any other way, choose a solid colored bolero to go with your LBD. You can also go for a multi-colored bolero or one with an animal print, or a military jacket.
- An interesting way to wear your black dress is to layer it on top with a shirt, crop top, or blouse. You can also put on a skirt on top of your LBD, making sure the hem isn’t peeking out from below the layered skirt!
3) Add a Bit of Bling
<a href="http://www.memorandum.com/30-dresses-in-30-days/little-black-dress-criss-cross-back-cut-out-shoulders-lbd" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Source</a>
- Jewelry of any color will pair well with your black dress, but if you’ve already added a pop of color in the form of a scarf or belt, stick to metals like gold and silver to set off your favorite pieces.
- When selecting a necklace, always wear one that is either shorter or longer than the neckline of your dress. Strapless dresses and sweetheart necklines pair beautifully with chokers, and V-necks will go well with pendants or strands.
- Consider your body type too- larger pieces will suit curvier women and delicate ones will sit better on petite women.
- Statement necklaces can help draw attention away from the bust while long necklaces can flatter tall women.
- One-shoulder dresses can be decked up with a post or dangle earrings and an arm cuff worn on the bare arm. Statement rings can also add the much-needed sparkle to your outfit!
- Choose earrings according to the shape of your face and hairstyle- chandelier earrings can get caught in long hair if you wear them loose.
- Delicate bangles or bracelets or a cuff can be worn on the wrist or over the sleeve on a full-sleeved dress.
Now that you’ve read these amazing tips, you know there’s so much more to get out of your favorite wardrobe staple. So get going, accessorize right, and look your best in your little black dress!